ctr cams in a gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 94 hatch with a gsr swap....how much power would i get from addin ctr cams...and do they just drop in,with no head mods....are these cams better than the TypeR cams

.....anyone have any cams for sale

there is no set amount of power you will gain, but over the gsr cams you should notice a nice gain in power. If you do not change the stock rev limit you do not need to do any other modifications. If you want to rev higher you will need to upgrade your valvesprings. After '00 ITR and CTR cams are the same.

if i am not mistaken you just need to upgrade your intake valve springs to ITRs and move your GSR intake valve springs over to the exhaust side, now is also a good time to upgrade to tit retainers, if you desire to do so.

i really just wanna drop the cams in....the motor is fresh and i really dont have money to do anything else.....so are the cams worth puttin in with out do any other head work

yeah i have type R valve train (all springs and retainers) that have 0 us miles on them if your interested, i also believe a friend of mine has ctr cam f/s also...lemme check and ill get back to yah

trust me, when you do put the CTR cams in you should upgrade the valvetrain compenents to waht I mention and also get a ITR base map on you ecu.

that is what I would do, and recommend.

i'm running CTR cams on stock valvetrain and ecu in my del sol, works great. you only really need to upgrade your valvetrain if you plan on revving past stock rev limit, otherwise it is not all that necessary.

^^ thats fine, but from my standpoint......I would use the full ability of the cams given - as in terms of making power past 8k.......

either way youll be fine,,,but if you plan on going past 8k upgrade the valvetrain components along with a ecu tune....good luck man.

very true, the cams do want to pull past my limiter, on the track i do hit it often. but, it is also a great cheap power adder, just putting the cams in themselves.

CTR cams would be a great way to go on a gsr. You will definately feel a differance, and without compromising drivability. *grin*

very highly reccomend you do springs and retainers to take advantage of the high rev pull those cams will make.

Back