CTR Pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Will Civic Type R pistons fit in a B16A with no modifications to the pistons/rods?

I.E. can i swap them with my stock pistons, and how much better are they than the pistons in my car already? Are they stronger and will they raise my compression?

thanks in advance.

No they wont fit on the B16 rods well not on the first gen B16 rods you will need to get the rods shaved at a machine shop i got mine done for 30 bucks both.
And yes it will raise the compression.My friend told me before putting the pistons in to get them shot peened first and knowing my cheap ass i dint but i think its a good idea if you DO. HOPE THAT HELPS

i REALLY dont know put i doubt it,
i think they only fit perfect with the type r Rods dont quote me tho"im NOT SURE".

you don't need to shot peen ctr pistons, they are just fine the way they are you would take off some of the molybdenum coating, which helps prevent friction.

I guess they should fit my rods, but i want to make sure before i buy them.

Also, nobody has told me how much stronger they are than my stock pistons.

i was under the impression that CTR pistons would fit b16a rods just fine... it is the ITR pistons that do not fit properly.
someone please correct me if i am wrong.

LOL my bad i read my post i dint mean SHOT PEEN the pistons i meant the RODS
lol ..And the CTR pistons wont fit the first gen b16a rods, I had to have my rods shaved to fit the CTR's. :blink:

Back