Custom Valve Cover

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaCivicKid

Ok, call me rice if the chopsticks fit, but I am creating a show car with a color scheme. I want to customize my valve cover by painting it to fit my color scheme which is red and white. I was planning on painting it red, and have the white coming through in rips....like its ripping through the red. If anyone has any suggestions on a good way to achieve this, Id appreciate it or any other cool ideas to customize it. Help me out guys. Thanks.

remove it
strip it
prep it
paint it

not exactly brain surgery
just make sure you use high temp paints and you should probly put a protective clear coat on it to keep oil and such from fucking it up

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Mar 24 2004, 05:03 PM
powdercoat that sucker. itll resist heat better than if it was painted.

would he be able to get the whole ripping effect with powder coating???

i dont know how much detail you can get from powder coating :unsure:

but if you can... then by all means definatly powder coat

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Mar 24 2004, 05:08 PM
im pretty sure you can

sweet

then:

powdercoat that sucker. itll resist heat better than if it was painted.

:withstupid:

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Mar 24 2004, 05:30 PM
:D

<--pretty much the only one here on this forum thats into show cars :ph34r:

how fuckin weird is that? the primer god all into show and shit? :ph34r:

ya i now have a side bus powder coating and you can get just as much detail as regular painting. You just can't to really fine airbrush style of painting. try using ceramic coating as a base coat to help lower under hood temps

just get some high temp engine paint, take the cover off, clean it, and away you go :p.... ive done a diy article on this - check mah forum

if its sohc get a tenzo r valve cover in red...
if its dohc vtec get a tenxo r valve cover in red...or a type r valve cover
it its an LS you SOL because i think there is only like 1 company that makes covers for them.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Mar 26 2004, 03:52 PM
if its sohc get a tenzo r valve cover in red...
if its dohc vtec get a tenxo r valve cover in red...or a type r valve cover
it its an LS you SOL because i think there is only like 1 company that makes covers for them.

I actually saw a company that made one for the LS in wrinkle red that said "NON-VTEC" right on it. Saw it somewhere on hondatech. Didn't look bad.

If your looking for the wrinkle effect (stock honda texture) buy wrinkle paint. They sell it at summitracing. Brand is VHT i belive. I also saw some wrinkle black last time I was at pepboys.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 26 2004, 09:06 PM
I actually saw a company that made one for the LS in wrinkle red that said "NON-VTEC" right on it. Saw it somewhere on hondatech. Didn't look bad.

I think that was a chop that someone had an idea for, i remember seeing that too :D

But no you can't do detail with PC'ing. I was going to do a camo VC an the guy that PC's them said it was not possible. Maybe someone in the states can, but here no one has been able to do it.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 26 2004, 03:06 PM

Actually someone posted that up here on HS. It was a VC for an LS that said VTEC. the joke people were making ended up being that someone should make one that said NON-VTEC, so someone on here chopped it

have it powder coated they make a poleyster paint called wrink texture it comes in the standard 8 colours and you can mix it to get any colour you want

ps snow board at plus 10 sucks slushi city and all you can do is drink and wait for a new hillt he next day any im out seya

I used some of that wrinkle paint on my old F22 valve cover, to match the stock paint job. Worked really well. Strip, clean, spray. Bake the valve cover until you get the desired wrinkle, not in your mommy's oven. The nice part is, the temperature of the oven is what causes the wrinkling, so you can get a little, or a lot. You could spray any color over it that you like. <$10

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Mar 24 2004, 05:30 PM
:D

<--pretty much the only one here on this forum thats into show cars :ph34r:

Although I'm sure you're good at it, some of us do know a lot about show.

My buddy was on the cover of Mini-truckin, and I have trophies from bike shows. I painted a few customs for friends.

<<<<<<Too cheap for show, but getting better.

TENZO all the way man

I bought one of the red sohc vtec tenzo covers and its one of the most commented peices on the car

they run right around $130

hella worth it :worthy:

Originally posted by tab@Mar 28 2004, 07:28 PM

My buddy was on the cover of Mini-truckin

what's your buddies name? My friend works with a guy whose truck was on the cover of mini truckin also. It was that light blue supercharged tacoma and it was on the cover of the december issue I think.

Back