D-series manual motor to auto tranny???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Hi guys, I havent done this before but I think its should work. let me know what you think and have anyone done it. I have another D-series motor complet with everything laying around. There is a 96 coupe EX AUTO, the motor is bad, but the tranny is good. the car is in good condition, no rust, only 90k and the old man want $1300 for it. I figure, if I could just put my old motor, 60K out of a 96 hatch dx, into that then I would have a realiable car to drive for the winter and save on gas and park my baby in the garage. To my understanding, since the motor from the coupe is, I will swapp in my motor from the manual car into the auto car, and to make it work, I will just remove the flywheel from the motor and this will bolt the manual motor directly into the auto tranny right? correct me If I am wrong or if there is anything that I need in order to make this work. thanks in advance.

All you should need is the parts from the auto engine/tranny combo to bolt the manual engine on there- remove the flywheel and replace it with the flex plate so that it can bolt onto the torque converter.

Also, make sure you use the auto flywheel/flexplate bolts instead of the manual ones. They have slightly diffrent lengths, so you need to use the auto ones if your putting an auto flex plate on there, manual if your putting a clutch and flywheel on the engine.

also, the driver side engine mount is different at least in the 92-95. since the engine is from a manual, you will need to use the mount of that engine.

Back