D15B2 to D16Z5 wiring issue !

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Brejkan

Hi ! i am finishing a swap in my old civic hatch -88. I am using the stock wireharness to the D16Z5 eng, and have also swapped wireharness inside the car to a harness from a CRX with the same eng. But im not sure if its from the same model year, if u know what i mean ?? Same eng but slightly different harness as u can see from the pic below. Need help with wich wire who goes with whom ??
thnx in advance

vilken.jpg

looks to me like one of your harnesses is from 89-91 (not 88) car with SOHC D16A6 which had the fast idle control valve on the back of the intake manifold - 88 didn't have the FICV - i can't tell from your picture which wires are coming from the engine harness and which are coming from the harness inside the car, but i assume that the wires on the left side of the picture are coming from the engine harness - is this correct? - in any event, as far as i know, the Z5 doesn't have a fast idle control valve, so those wires won't be needed - in the picture, the fast idle control valve wires are the darker blue and the black with yellow stripe, which are on the right side of the picture - you need to connect the blue with yellow stripe on the right side of the picture to the blue with yellow stripe on the left side of the picture - this wire is for the EACV and runs to the ECU - you need to connect the yellow with black stripe on the left side of the picture to the yellow with black stripe at the top of the picture - this wire is for power to the injector resistor box

Last edited:
Thanx for such quick answer ! U are correct about the harness, the one on the left is from the engine. Hmm sounds strange though about the harness from the car, I dunno if it is so, but the guy who i bought the harness from said it was from a crx with the D16Z5 eng. Even so im not the pro at these cars. can it be though, that it has the same function ??

Thanx for such quick answer ! U are correct about the harness, the one on the left is from the engine. Hmm sounds strange though about the harness from the car, I dunno if it is so, but the guy who i bought the harness from said it was from a crx with the D16Z5 eng. Even so im not the pro at these cars. can it be though, that it has the same function ??
don't worry about it - just leave those wires - tape up the black/yellow as it is "hot" with ignition "on" - the Fast Idle Control Valve only works when the ambient outside air temperature is below -10*C (14*F) to boost the idle slightly

Nwm the fat one on the right. It goes on the starter

Yeh got it. and have now tried 2 start it up, but i have no power 2 the fuel pump. unscrewed the main relay 2 check it, it all seem fine. i have checked the ground wires they are ok, Can it it be that it is different pinouts on the harness as we spoke about earlier ?? any ideas ?? havent checked dizzy or spark yet due 2 lack of fuel =/.

Getting code 15 ignition signal faulty
check the connectors at the opposite side of the car at the firewall to make sure all of the wires match color for color on both sides of the connectors - the wire for the igniter unit in the distributor (which gives you the code 15) is white in color

I think as it turns out, that it is 2 connections under the dashboard that doesnt fit to the stock harness. One that is the rear wire harness and the fuelpump, answered my question about the fuel. And the second goes to the dashboard. The plug that goes to the rear on the swapped harness is to slim to fit in the stock rear harness. Same goes for the dashboard plug. Ideas? Change dashboard harness?

Back