D15b7 built and boosted setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c-rex-beat

yeah, it's a vtec.
I am building a D15b7 and want someone with more experience to confirm my build before I order parts. I will be using crower rods for the D15b7, srp pistons for a Z6 to get compression to 8.8:1, slightly aggressive cam from the zc single cam vtec and same zc head. The head is built with blox and skunk 2, p&p, I already have the turbonetics T3, 8lb flywheel, aluminum crank pulley, si hydro trans w\LSD and a Hondata S300 set aside in shop. I think this will be a very impressive build for my EF single cam daily driver. Targeting power between 225 & 250 hp @ wheels. What you guys think? reliability?

Maybe you already took this into account, but the b7 crank has smaller journals than the 1.6 liter motors. Double check the fitment of the rods. Sounds like you have done your research and have spent money where it counts. The biggest thing will be making sure the tuning is done right, and the motor is assembled correctly. My roommate spent thousands on his KA-t bottom end. The shop built it with too loose piston to wall clearances, and now it smokes like crazy.

Back