D16a6 swap PLEASE HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

panterica

I have a 91 honda civic dx with a d16a6 swap from a 91 civic si. I didnt do the swap a friend of mine did it and he had it wired up by a friend of ours that knows what he is doing. He had it wired up using the existing wires for the injectors the red and yellow one to the first and third injector with the second and fourth injectors run straight to the computer. He had everything right with switching the pins on the ecu and running the two wires to the distributer and the tps wiring. But it wasnt running right it would jump when you held it at 2-3 grand. So I re-wired it running all the injectors straight to the computer along with the yellow resistor wire straight to the ecu, thats all i did. After re-wiring it straight to the computer it now revs fine but on the road it bogs down at 3/4 throttle and misses above 3500 rpm and the tach above 3500 rpm jumps around. Its drivable now but its not right, I cant figure it out, I know its in the wiring but cant figure out exactly what it is, if someone could help me out with ideas of what to do now that would be great. Should I buy a new harness and re-wire it or try to mend this one, also where is a good place to get a new harness for it, a junkyard or is there a place that sells harness's that are already set up for this swap?

Back