D16y8 Running Z6 ecu - Poor Fuel ecomony . D15b Carbu Convert .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

osix

I believe i am running the Vtec D16y8 with the Z6 Ecu . over theD15B

i am getting very poor fuel economy . est City .. 22MPG -

11037321_921205494580156_8011768739100784520_n.jpg

11267762_959264790774226_1559119056486462748_n.jpg

12165995_10206133383668191_6298629_n.jpg

Recently Got a new battery 52Ah .
Change Engine oil ,. Flushed . with Mo2 Addictive

Clean the IACV -
City - 20 MPG
Highway - 32 MPG

compare to what i heard about this swap i am getting so much Less.

what should i be looking for without losing Power.
Thanks in Advance .

Thats not too bad for mileage. There are a lot of factors in your driving habits and driving that can affect your mpg. If you are gunning it every light or are doing a ton of stop and go your mileage will suffer.

I am seeing other saying there get at least 30 - 35 city and 40 + up for high way . so i am thinking if it the ECU or some kinda problem related to the Mod .

the d15b gets it's stellar economy from the head and ecu-- both of which you aren't using.

i think you're a little low at 22, but 27/33 is probably a good mark to hit.

it can't hurt to put it on a dyno and see if you're super rich. you might be able to tune it with a chip/etc to increase some mpg's

Which ECu and which Head should i be using if i want to greatly Improve the MPG ?

The civic was a convert from Carburetor to fuel injection from the last owner.

i am thinking to mod it so i can get better fuel eco .

any good suggestion on doing so without losing too much power.

I had a D16Z6 ECU and motor. I never got close to 40mpg. But I drove with spirit :rolleyes:

My friend had a 96 DX Civic and he once averaged 39mpg on a tank of gas but he drove like an old man and always coasted up to stop lights/signs.

What tranny do you have? gearing may be your biggest issue

i got no idea what i have but i think should be stock . for D15b Carburetor engine .

( lol i search for " tranny " on google and got a shock )

i would ask what Tranny i should be using for good performance and fuel Eco

I had a D16Z6 ECU and motor. I never got close to 40mpg. But I drove with spirit :rolleyes:

My friend had a 96 DX Civic and he once averaged 39mpg on a tank of gas but he drove like an old man and always coasted up to stop lights/signs.

i think i may have a mis info on the Ecu ..

Seem like i see 6X instead of 6Z .

i need to verify with th last owner but he seem to refuse to answer my call after i told him he sold me a car with a broken Crankshaft that is welded for sale

My guess......P06 OBD1 Civic DX ECU

This link shows ratios. I cannot verify if all ratios are factual but it shows the 5th gear ratios being the same for all OBD1 and OBD2 Civic transmissions. (0.702). The difference in other gears (for city driving) seem too close to really debate what would be best (when weighing performance and gas mileage).

http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/gearratiosdseries.htm

i will take a photo in the next few days and see what would work .

i found out that the car was a Carbu converted into a Fuel injection Vtec

Back