d16z6 problems????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Whats up dude, I work at Honda experiencing this engine surge on customers cars and my own multiple 92-95 Civic's with D15B's and D16Z6 engines. it for sure is the Idle Air Control Valve or IAC Valve. New from Honda its like 160.00 but if you can find a good used one at a junk yard go for it.

He checked and cleaned it (told you in the 1st post). It could be bad but I doubt it and I would be looking into the coolant burp and what things he did that could be causing the idle issues.

Also I am not sure but I think you need a Si/EX throttle cable but I could be wrong. If so...I believe you can use a B series one too.

i pulled the motor and the rings were fried... I rebuilt the motor we bored it 40 over shave the block and head and port and polish on the head so i put it back in

thats your problem. you played with the internals and running a stock ecu. get your ecu wideband chipped and tuned, problem solved.

thanks guys but i now have bigger problems i was going to hang out with a friend in edison nj and it was poring out and i hit a huge puddle my head lights got wet and exploded and the car made it another 1/4 mile and shut off wouldnt start at all i had it towed to there house and i pulled off the dizzy cap and dryed it all out it had a little water in it now it starts but runs real rugh and when i shut it off it wont fire up for a good 20+ mins any ideas i looked for any un plugged wires and hoses but dont see any and the computer is dry never got wet so im lost on this one any help asap would be great cuz im stuck in edison till its fixed with no money left after the tow

something is still wet, keep looking. did you adjust the valves after you assembled the head?

yea i adjusted them and i plan on doing it again. well im getting a tow to brick nj and just starting it and hammering down the parkway till im in my town hope i make it.

There is a possibility that some water was sucked into the intake manifold putting water into the cylinders. making it harder to detonate if at all.

thats your problem. you played with the internals and running a stock ecu. get your ecu wideband chipped and tuned, problem solved.

I dont think a stock ECU would cause the high idle issue. I have seen a few old school long block builds in the late 90's on all stock ECU's (2 CRX Si's and a 92 Integra with NOS)

did you adjust the valves after you assembled the head?
This would not cause high idle either.

OP sorry about your puddle experience. You must have hit it really hard. I have gone through some deep stuff (above the door) but have yet to run into any problems

well the car is running the way it was before the water problem i checked the timing its good and it is still running rich so im guna try a new o2 sensor but im not thrilled to spend $80 when im not 100% sure that is the problem

well aperntly the IACV wire was hooked up to the surge cut and that wire was hooked up to the IAT and that was to the IACV thats the last time i let my friends help install an engine

Back