D16Z6 tranny bolting to a d17 ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2 slow del sol

anyone done this? need to get my car moving and found a cheap 17. 93 del sol with d16 and new motor is 05 d17

should be fine, i have heard of people doing turbo builds using 1.7's cause they wanted that extra 100cc's. It's still a real D series and not an EW D series.

You may have to swap out the head since it uses a series of coil packs for the ignition instead of a distributor.

NOPE. doesnt bolt up. Not even close. D17s are NOT 'real' d-series, they're completely different. NO parts interchange directly. You might get lucky and get 1 or 2 bolts to line up, but iirc the starter doesnt line up right either

if you're stuck on doing the 1.7 your best bet is to run the d17 crank rods and pistons in a z6 or a6 block. And even thats not that simple.

NOPE. doesnt bolt up. Not even close. D17s are NOT 'real' d-series, they're completely different. NO parts interchange directly. You might get lucky and get 1 or 2 bolts to line up, but iirc the starter doesnt line up right either

if you're stuck on doing the 1.7 your best bet is to run the d17 crank rods and pistons in a z6 or a6 block. And even thats not that simple.

+rep now i know :D

Back