d16z6?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

birdnuts6

i recently acquired a d16z and was wondering if one of the two turbos i had would work on it....i have turbo off a volvo thats a tdo5-12b and the other is off an 87-89 supra.. iwas wondering if anyone had any kind of advice for the engine or if i should just try to find another turbo? pls any help would be greatly appreciated
thanx

b. kidd

all depends on how you want to run your setup, need to be more specific? is it on a stock motor? are you gunna run 4pds or 18??

my bad i was actually wondering if anyone knew how much a stock bone d16z would hold. and if anyone had any advice. iave done some searches and well they are not very specific.. but i have gathered many ideas and it helps. thanks

b. kidd

i think bone stock its no more than 8 psi, 9 is definitely pushin it.

i have read it...but what i was also wondering is if anyone knows maybe the amount of psi that this turbos might push out stock? or if anyone has any other information or any advice on what i should do pls let me know

w. kidd

psi is pounds of pressure for square inch.

what you just asked is along the same lines as "how much psi do my tires take stock".

a huge tire will take more air (volume) to fill, even if it's still at 10 psi vs the dinky tire.
turbos work the same way.

larger turbos flow more air VOLUME (cfm) than smalelr turbos.

psi is 100% MEANINGLESS and USELESS. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER make a psi level a goal, or a tuning limitation.
Power breaks parts.
not psi.

Back