D16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBHonda

Ok. I bought a D16Z6 very cheap. Now let the biulding begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Any recemendations? I want. 9.5:1 compretion, and still run 20 Psi of boost from a Garret T3/T4 turbo. What parts should I get to Biuld it?

20 psi..... ummmm.. i've never seen anybody run that much on 9.5:1 in a honda... well i'd suggest going to the forced induction thread because there is a shitload of ones just like this one..

Well im talking fully built. Sleeves and all. The erason i want the compretion so high is so that i can still run the car without a turbo incase i have some turbo problems.

you can still run the car with out a turbo, thats built for turbo aka low compression and other shit, just not suggested for a long time and as long as you don't get on it it should be ok.

Okay a few things:

Is there a reason you want to run 20 PSI, or is that an arbitrary number which might make timeslips / horsepower that you are attempting to reach?

Is the 9.5 compression also anarbitrary number that is supposed to represent low compression? Because I think with 9.5+20psi you would probably get detonation.

And why the T3/T4, have you dont reading or just hoping on the bandwagon?

ok then how should i build it? its going to be a while before i am able to go turbo. It will be a daily driver. and i want to be able to hit 11s at the track maybe lower. ive seen it done.
How should I build it in your opinion? what Compretion Ration? what parts? what turbo?

I'm just going to guess that you have something like a 5th gen EX or SI right?

It would seriously be mor economical for you to do a swap and get a stronger (b series) engine and boost it.

To put money into a D16z6 would be a somewhat waste to try to get sub 11's. It's just not built for that.

There are not a ton of aftermarkter parts, and the block is not as well built to handle high performance. This is why you can buy a z6 for like $600, because everyone with a EX/SI 5th gen is doing swaps for stronger engines.

You can figure though, this isn't going to be cheap.
You aren't going to drop in an engine and run 11 second runs.

It's going to cost money for the engine, suspension, tires/wheels, internals, bolt ons, turbo + piping + intercooler and other things (weight reduction etc.)

11 second cars aren't exactly common when it comes to honda.
Definatly doable, but as far as daily driver goes... unless you're going to be running race built components (non D series pretty much), it's a longshot.

Everytime I post here I never get the damn answer to my questions. I want to know what to build it with. NOT THAT I SHOULD GO B-SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know what i want to do. I just want some help on knowing what to put in it. I know it needs building. IM ASKING WHAT BRAND PARTS I SHOULD GET.

look at endyn they make very good stuff call one of there dealers and they can help you get it setup but they will probly try to talk you out of it they tried to talk me out of it. But just stay presitant. i know my spelling is horiable but hooked on phoniks worked for me. endyn products

why dont you just try to search the net for it, i mean these guys have given you sites to go to and you continue to bitch like nobody wants to help you but really everyone is trying to help you by telling you to get a b series. jg products , gude i mean there are plenty of places to buy parts for that motor.

Originally posted by JBHonda@Jan 7 2003, 12:11 PM
Everytime I post here I never get the damn answer to my questions. I want to know what to build it with. NOT THAT I SHOULD GO B-SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know what i want to do. I just want some help on knowing what to put in it. I know it needs building. IM ASKING WHAT BRAND PARTS I SHOULD GET.

We have tried to help you. You simply don't like the help that you are getting. You give us very little information, you throw arbitrary numbers without any reason for them, you don't tell us where you want this car (or even what car it is) to go, you don't tell us what you are willing to spend. You ask 2nd rate questions and we aren't going to spend much time trying to answer them. Plus when you did get a good answer you called the guy a jack ass. Not conducive to making us want to help you.

One last thing, please spell compression correctly.

I'm trying to give you about as straight answers as I can give.

Everyone is on a budget, you said you got the z6 very cheap probably meaning you don't want to spend a lot of money on your car, but you want it to run fast.

The most economical solution and the one that is going to give you the least of a headache is going with a B series.
The D series just plainly is not built for racing and pulling 11 second highly boosted runs. That is extremely taxing on your engine.

Pulling 11's is going to be a $10,000 project I would say.
Ill give you some numbers.

Suspension; Tein SS's about $1300 (thats cheap) with pillowmounts.
Wheels / Tires; $1000-$1500 depending. Could be more.
Turbo Setup; $2000-$3000+ (just the turbo is 750ish plus piping, intercooler etc.)
Internals; Valvetrain $1000, Cams + Gerars $1250
Pistons & Rods $1000
Bore & Resleeve $1100

You're already talking ~$9500ish.
Now if you were to do this on the Z6, i don't even know where to get all of these parts, as most makers only make parts for B series engines (and H).
I know greddy makes a Z6 turbo kit, but as far as internals go, I'm not sure.

And with 1.6 litres I'm not sure if this is even going to get you 11's.
It might, but this is not a small project. You just don't bolt on a Turbo and make 11 second passes.

And don't be an ass to the help, I've learned a lot from this site and I'm trying to pass along the knowledge.

my friend has a civc bh that run's low 11's with the stock 91 si engine but he has striped it and drop over 15 g's easly in his car. but it was all worth it to him.

Originally posted by 88civicHBz6@Jan 7 2003, 02:19 PM
my friend has a civc bh that run's low 11's with the stock 91 si engine but he has striped it and drop over 15 g's easly in his car. but it was all worth it to him.

i'm sorry i forgot to say NOT daily driver and drag turbo kit run's around 17 to 18 psi. and you are right na this enigne would not pull that

Originally posted by 88civicHBz6+Jan 7 2003, 02:47 PM-->
88civicHBz6
@Jan 7 2003, 02:19 PM

i'm sorry i forgot to say NOT daily driver and drag turbo kit run's around 17 to 18 psi. and you are right na this enigne would not pull that

A "stock" z6 won't run 18 PSI without blowing out the side of your block.

It would have to have been rebored and sleeved to handle that much boost.

And "stock" z6's don't run boost, so therefor its not stock, and it's probably fully racebuilt.

I didn't say it's impossible, I just said it will cost a lot of money, and you would have less of a headache doing it with a B series.

Originally posted by Hexen+Jan 7 2003, 03:16 PM-->
Originally posted by 88civicHBz6@Jan 7 2003, 02:47 PM
88civicHBz6

And "stock" z6's don't run boost, so therefor its not stock, and it's probably fully racebuilt.

I didn't say it's impossible, I just said it will cost a lot of money, and you would have less of a headache doing it with a B series.

it's not a stock interals but block is from that engine the rest is race ready , i'm on major pain killers today sorry my head is out there

Originally posted by 88civicHBz6+Jan 7 2003, 03:19 PM-->
Originally posted by Hexen@Jan 7 2003, 03:16 PM
88civicHBz6

it's not a stock interals but block is from that engine the rest is race ready , i'm on major pain killers today sorry my head is out there

Hrm. If he sleeved it maybe, you don't need to bore it.

But to run boost you pretty much need new Sleeves, Rods and Pistons. Especially to see 18psi without detonation you would need lower compression.

The block might be stock... but thats probably about it.

Hexen, don't forget fuel. Injectors, maybe a new rail, fuel pump, and management will run him another $1000 at least.

Originally posted by Hexen+Jan 7 2003, 03:23 PM-->
Originally posted by 88civicHBz6@Jan 7 2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Hexen@Jan 7 2003, 03:16 PM
88civicHBz6

Hrm. If he sleeved it maybe, you don't need to bore it.

But to run boost you pretty much need new Sleeves, Rods and Pistons. Especially to see 18psi without detonation you would need lower compression.

The block might be stock... but thats probably about it.

the tran is rebuilt by a local company with lsd to hold power. the engine block was honed (sp) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back