DA rear disc swap on an EG....?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
as in bolt on...

my gut says no, but I just read about a Del Sol w/DA rear trailing arms

Yes I just completed one but I also used a larger booster and master cylinder combination for more fluid pressure, as the rear disks are much larger. But I swapped the whole rear suspension and parking brake cables. I was told that a four-lug conversion could be done with some milling and a different set of rotors.

Originally posted by motorcityiron@Sep 4 2005, 06:04 AM
Yes I just completed one but I also used a larger booster and master cylinder combination for more fluid pressure, as the rear disks are much larger. But I swapped the whole rear suspension and parking brake cables. I was told that a four-lug conversion could be done with some milling and a different set of rotors.
[post=549440]Quoted post[/post]​

What exactly is needed to use the rear disk from a DA into an EG. Like which proportioning valve, master cylinder, brake lines, and parking brake lines would each part come out of each car? Would the EG suspension bolt up to the DA rear trailing arm?

4 lug conversion...?

all DA's are 4 lug (90-93 Integra)

I just want to know if anyone has/knows if the trailing arms will bolt up.

I know DC's bolt in, and to answer Doug810's question any drum to disc swap in an EG you need the trailing arms and ebrake cables to start with. Its a good idea to get a 40/40 proportioning valve (non-ABS DC's, its stamped on the valve) to distribute the fluid correctly. Some people also change the master cylinder and brake booster, but thats not totally nessecary. Most people also change the rear lower control arms , but again, thats not totally nessecary...

Back