DA Teg F20B Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RedTopPrelude

Hey guys!

I am the owner of a standard 92 DA Integra and i love it :) it has the 1600cc dual carb SOHC engine and it runs very well...........
Anyway, I would like to make a everyday run / race day car out of it.
I have owned a Prelude Type S in the past with the H22A4 engine, great car great engine but too heavy.
I have been thinking about it and I was looking at a "cheap" engine, B18C? K20A? (way to expensive)
and then I came across the F20B BlueTop (with manual LSD box) It does 200Hp and I have recently learnt that this engine was designed for racing purpose by Honda. I also know that it is basically a de stocked H22A?
I was happy with my Lude Type S but I always thought that it lacked of that RED TOP power and free reeving ability even if it was a redtop. The F20B appears to be a good option to me. I am not looking at boosting it or NOS just N/A. I want to keep it stock for a start and then see what happens..
Anyone heard of a similar swap? What would be the pros and cons? I dont care about 1/4mile I want a fun car to drive and good on the track!
Cheers guys!

I've seen it done- that engine is nicely underrated. It's a good swap that not too many people do. Pros/cons are basically the same as an H block in terms of install.

It is a good motor, hard to find from what i have seen, and if you do go that route, make sure you know what tranny you are getting, it is a very rare tranny and a lot of import companies wil just mate it to a prelude lsd tranny and you get ripped off. It is geared VERY short, shorter than the b16 if i remember right. If your swapping into a teg that weighs a bit more, what about an H23vtec. Just as much power and more tq. And the weight issue is a myth, at most an H series weighs about 60lbs more than a B series. If you thought your H22 was fun, take almost 1000 lbs out of the car and see how much more fun it is lol. I am very happy with my swap, and if you plan on tracking the car the tq is what you will want. gl with everything and have fun

Hey thanks guys, The F20B isn't as popular as an H22A or B18C and therefore cheaper. It is indeed harder to find but I rekon its worth it.
H23vtecEF my car is 1100kg fully loaded (JDM spec for ZC Teg) and I rekon the lack of torque wont be too much of an issue. The BB6 Prelude Type S that I used to own was a lot heavier and I didn't like that.
Would I need the same engine mounts as a H series engine? Would I need to lower the mounts like on Civics and CRXs? Would I need to weld new engine mounts?

Back