Defrag much?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spectacle

I knew something was up when my comp kept making all kinds of weird clicking noises and ish

defragpwnme.JPG

:dunno:

:lmao:

Originally posted by spectacle@May 17 2005, 07:58 PM
I knew something was up when my comp kept making all kinds of weird clicking noises and ish

It was the new Jay-Z, y0!

werrrrrrrrrd up....

[/crap]

jesus h christ. the popping and clicking isn't the file fragments, it's your hard disk destroying itself from the heads moving around so damn much.

Damn dude I have never seen a HDD That damn bad. I actually just defraged my laptop today. I did a bunch of cleaning on it. Yeah if your hard drive is making alot of noise that would be your hard drive thrashing around which equals bad news bears.

Originally posted by civicious+May 18 2005, 01:02 AM-->
Originally posted by spectacle@May 17 2005, 07:58 PM

It was the new Jay-Z, y0!

werrrrrrrrrd up....

[/crap]
[post=500672]Quoted post[/post]​

just cuz you don't like it doesn't mean its crap.

Battle Pope
@May 18 2005, 01:09 AM
jesus h christ. the popping and clicking isn't the file fragments, it's your hard disk destroying itself from the heads moving around so damn much.
[post=500676]Quoted post[/post]​

its not a clickign per say...its more like a "click" hard spin down then spin back up

i defrag once a month on my C: drive.
my storag drives, i really don't move too much stuff around on, and they tend to stay pretty clean.

plus, you need 10% free to defrag a drive most the time... lol i have like 50MB free on my data drives...

Back