del Sol MAJOR Weight reduction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Here is a pic of me and my del slow

n6601715_31232355_9767.jpg

It's funny you mention that, My friend actually turned my tire, and wheel, when loosening a lug nut. The car was on no sort of jack whatsoever.

Your car, however, looks like it's 3 wheeled on a mound of dirt, and the balance is at the tipping point.

I've got pics like this with my old 4Runner.

wow those are some bad roads. i bet salt weighs more than the sound dampening material :p

what's it weigh? looks light for sure

wow those are some bad roads. i bet salt weighs more than the sound dampening material :p

what's it weigh? looks light for sure

Actually, they don't use salt up here, because it wouldn't work most of the time (too cold) and just cause the roads to be even slicker. We just use sand. The white on the road is just snow/ice. Most roads and parking lots always have at minimum a bunch of hardpack snow, and rarely have anymore. They do a GREAT job of snow removal here in the Upper peninsula.

As for weight, it actually just a stock S. The snow pile in front of my car was solid ice, so the front passenger wheel is propped up on that. If I let go, the tire does fall back to the ground. I probally have to put about 100-150 lbs of force to lift it that high.

Last edited:
oh sweet i see. sand, that's a good idea. they dont plow our neighborhood till last, and it's been 24 hours since we got dumped on last night and still not plowed. our snow removal sucks

sooo, are you really lifting it? or is it proped on the snowbank?

oh sweet i see. sand, that's a good idea. they dont plow our neighborhood till last, and it's been 24 hours since we got dumped on last night and still not plowed. our snow removal sucks

sooo, are you really lifting it? or is it proped on the snowbank?
Its a little bit of both. Couldn't do it without the snowbank there.

For our snow removal, we can get a foot of snow over night and by 8am, the roads are 95% cleared. Even during a bad snow storm, there is never more then 2 inches on the road at a given time. Got to love small towns.

Its a little bit of both. Couldn't do it without the snowbank there.

For our snow removal, we can get a foot of snow over night and by 8am, the roads are 95% cleared. Even during a bad snow storm, there is never more then 2 inches on the road at a given time. Got to love small towns.

lol the sad thing is, portage indiana IS a small town... IMO we just suck real bad. that's why i'm proud to be from pittsburgh lol. I hate this town.

Back