Del Sol seats in CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
im sure its been asked before, but nothing came up in search. Which seat rails do i use to put Del Sol seats into a 90 CRX Si? thanks guys.

-Chris

Originally posted by BlackFrog@Mar 14 2004, 08:47 AM
im sure its been asked before, but nothing came up in search. Which seat rails do i use to put Del Sol seats into a 90 CRX Si? thanks guys.

-Chris

just use the rails on the del sol seats. line the inner front mounting hole on the stock mounting hole. and then drill new holes where they dont line up. if your seats are like the other seats ive delt with before, the front sides of the brackets should have a bend in them, make sure the bend is flat against the ridge toward the front side of the seat. you may need to bend the rear mouts so theyt st flat.

we did a simlar procedure on some 93 leather seats into a CRX, and 00 civic seat into an 89 civic.

just make sure you dont make the holes too big, otherwise the seat will woble around and move when driving.

yeah we'll keep this thread well bumped since im doing the same thing soon, I've heard that drilling new holes is sketchy for some reason, possibly because they will not hold in the force of and then both you and your nice del sol seats go flying together? But what I have found so far is that the best way is to modify the brackets with adapter plates to fit the stock holes and that many people only use 3 of the 4 holes (cause of the far and strange crx left rear mounting hole)...i'll try to throw some helpful links up here a bit later, i have found some good stuff on ht, however nothing exact, I know there is a site that has a more exact description maybe someone could post that link, the only thing is that MINE have EG rails on them haha...here's a link to a thread where a guy has a good sounding method thats not adapter plates...http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=260209

i wouldnt think that redrilling holes for the mounts on the floor would work, because they arent nut and bolted. atleast on the del sol, the holes in the floor are threaded, or there might even be a captured nut under there. is the rest of that little hump thick enough to be drilled and retapped an still hold the seat securely for normal driving, let alone an accident?

-Chris

try to get as many holes on the floor to line up with the mount holes. and bend the rest so that they line up. i think u should be alright with 3 out of 4 bolts in.
:unsure:

Originally posted by dinasty2003@Mar 14 2004, 09:27 PM
try to get as many holes on the floor to line up with the mount holes. and bend the rest so that they line up. i think u should be alright with 3 out of 4 bolts in.
:unsure:

bro don't post about stuff you don't know about, if you were at all familar with the seats/rails you'd know the rails would have to be bent at like 45 degree angles or something unreasonable like that...

Originally posted by BlackFrog@Mar 14 2004, 09:15 PM
i wouldnt think that redrilling holes for the mounts on the floor would work, because they arent nut and bolted. atleast on the del sol, the holes in the floor are threaded, or there might even be a captured nut under there.

yeah the holes on the rex are threaded, the way to make that work is to throw a nut underneath the car, but it seems a lil sketchy to me

yeah, it would almost seem easier to either A, have someone make all new rails, or B, just weld the del sol rails right onto the floor, and add reinforcements if the bends were too tight...

-Chris

Back