del sol trunk

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybridsol

does anyone know about a carbon fiber trunk for a delsol? my friend said a guy was goin to start making them but i was just curious if they are already out there

i don't think they have one for the sol...i could be wrong

I heard about this last spring. The guy who was going to make them wanted like 20 people to preorder before he was going to go to production, havent heard anything since. The guy said that first they were going to make a cf trunk then later they would make a cf top. I would probally hit the cf top

ohh- and go to hondavision.com
Todd Huff, aka huffster is the owner of teamsoldesigns.. he was getting them made last i heard, and then shit hit the fan- so i don't know if they did get made or not. either way, CF trunk is :ghey: if you ask me

why wat's wrong with the heavy @ss 19's? lolz im debating on either gettin the 19's or spoons witch will be 3" inches smaller...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 5 2002, 08:51 PM
CF trunk is :ghey: if you ask me

yeh it's gayy but if your serious about weight reduction it comes in pretty nice...but it'll look gay still being tat only the trunk is cf

ok i would do the CF trunk / hood / roof / fenders / boxer shorts / etc .... but theres one thing ... if i was going to do any of it id have the shit painted the same color as the car .... theres a difference between getting CF parts because theyre light weight and getting them cuz they " look cool " ( Bling Bling y0! )

so... in review :
CF cuz its light = :)
CF cuz it "looks cool" = :ghey:

PAINT THAT SHIT

yeh if i got all the parts you listed in carbon fiber i'd paint it to match the car, cuz it would just look rediculous...but i like to see a cf hood...

I saw an Impreza yesterday that's tuned for rally. He had carbon fiber hood and trunk lid. The lid looked completely stupid on there. It was a red Impreza. If you want carbon fiber on your car, paint it.

well my plan is to get as much shit as possible in cf, i wouldn't get just a trunk, that be retarded, so far its hood, front and back lips, and trunk, and my car is black so it only looks weriod in liike direct sunlight, and it still doesn't look that bad, but i guess everyone has there own opinion

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 6 2002, 12:25 AM
on a lude, i'd run 17's max.

17's a for a civic kid...i even seen 19's on a 96 hatch already....now 19's are not too big for a lude...not even too heavy...it's 6 lbs heavier then stock rims, but i don't even care because im gonna go boost....

what?????????????

English Motherfucker Do You Speak It.gif

i don't really care if they weigh 26 lbs a piece because im gonna go with turbo setup and that will pick up for the weight and a lot more, and im going to take off a lot of weight from the car which will also make up for the wheel weight...

theres a big difference between sprung weight and unsprung weight.... unsprung weight has MUCH more effect on shit like handleing and acceleration ... yeah the turbo will help with the acceleration... but those heavy ass rims are still gunna make your handling shit

Originally posted by iVtec@Oct 6 2002, 10:09 PM
i don't really care if they weigh 26 lbs a piece because im gonna go with turbo setup and that will pick up for the weight and a lot more, and im going to take off a lot of weight from the car which will also make up for the wheel weight...

with a turbo, it will be EVEN MORE noticable that you have cement feet.

Back