Del Sols Are Even More Rare After Today.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

As I was driving along Thomas Drive, going about 50, some lady in a 90 Tercel runs a stop sign and attempts to get into the median/turning lane. As I put it in 2nd and let the clutch out, it still wasn't enough--she slammed into me, causing massive damage from the front right headlight to the passenger door. 2 years I spent looking for a del sol, when I saw it in the parking lot, I pulled a U-Turn and talked to the dealership that day, had it a week later. People say, "it's just a car, and I was lucky I wasn't hurt", but I don't even care about myself, I've been in so many accidents and so fucked up, it wouldn't be a big deal. The Samba Green Del Sol was made in 93 and 94 in the Si Model only , rarer than the VTEC model. I will take pictures of it when I can get to it, I'm just so pissed and sad now. 2 years of searching almost everyday, going on websites at least 3 times a week looking for a sol, and this happens. Even if it can be fixed, the title is no longer clean, and it may not run right. The Tanabe Racing Medalion comes in Tuesday, it WILL be put to some use, whether it be on a replica 93-94 Samba Green Del Sol Si or a VTEC Del Sol.

That sucks nick. What did the cops put on the accident report. If they say less than x amount of dollars, it will not turn into a salvage title. Hopefully they can fix it. Sorry to hear that.

:( that sucks ass man .... i know how it feels .... sue the fuck out of that dumb cunt ... claim nerve damage .....
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

if the damage goes over 75% they will "total" the car. That is when it recieves a salvage title. Just hope that your car has a high value :) In any case, if your buying your car to modify it, you kill the street value anyways. Anyone who you would probably end up selling it to would not care it's a salvage, many built cars are from salvage.

Sorry about the stress though man, unfortunate accident :(

Nick, it sucks that this had to happen. I hope that you bitched out that fucking cunt. Hopefully it can be fixed or you can find another replacement.

damn dood..glad you are OK. sorry to hear about yer loss. we all knew you loved that car. hopefully your car can be fixed back to normal and maybe you can get some $$$ out the accident for new mods. :) as far the bitch that hit you, get her insurance to pay for a rental, all medical bills (hopefully uou went to hospital cause i sure as shit woulda) and give you money for pain and suffering. make that bitch pay!!

Alright, about to go get a rental and find out where my car is, an adjuster is going to tell me today/tomorow if It can be fixed...I'll take pics of it today.

Sue that woman for the damages your insurance won't cover (assuming you have collision) If you don't have collision then sue for everything! One thing I do know is that Del Sols can take quite a beating. This past summer mine got into a nice accident that caused $5500 in damage to it. It drives just like it did before. Good Luck, and I am sure she'll be up and running soon.

It's worse than it looks, the whole right suspension is fucked--the axle is broken, tie rods are shot--the wheel is barely even on the car, I could move it around with one hand. More pics are in : https://hondaswap.com/gallery/browse.ph...hp?album_id=300

s3e884e9b4b24c.jpg

s3e884eea80dac.jpg

s3e884ef7bb72b.jpg

Back