Dell rant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
Their website sucks, it is forever going down and now, when I am actually ready to purchase a god damn new laptop from these fuckos (because they have a nice coupon $500 off ) their site goes down. Its been up all day long and when I go to purchase, the fucking thing hangs.

Looks like I wont be buying a new laptop tonight :(

[/rant]

dell laptops suck. There displays are fucking horrible, and I have heard a ton of people have problems with them including several fucked up motherboards.

I have the sony VIAO. Screen is probally one of the best on the market, and you can see it from almost any angle unlike the dells or your traditional laptop displays. More and more companys are coming out with the new gen screens including Toshiba, HP, Compact, and Gateway.

i have a dell laptop no problems except my son ripping the buttons off of it, and i just bought a new cpu from dell a couple of dayz ago. its was delivered today, but nobody was home so i gotta go pick it up from UPS tonight

I love my dell laptop, and my dell dj20, but hate the customer service, took two hours and trying to convince someone who barely speaks english that I need a replacement for my dj20 cause it wouldnt play wasnt very fun.

We have 4 dell laptops at work and I know of another person with one, no problems whatsoever with them.

my autn had one and after about a year it went to shit on her.

Dell motherboards = trash

Trust me. You'd be surprised how many I've had to send back to Dell for new boards.

Ive had my dell laptop for about four years. Hasnt failed me yet. It has even fallin out of my bag every drive that could be removed flew out. Put them all back in and it was good to go. The IBM thinkpad is pretty good in my opinion too. But you know whatever gets ya goin.

I still have my dell laptop from 5 yrs ago. 9gig hard drive running win98. works OK. I don't use it that often though.

I gotta say though, the best laptops i've seen are the ibm thinkpads (even though they're owned by the chineese now). These are the laptops we use @ work and they're fucking the sweetness. Only downside, they're more expensive.

Originally posted by cheese9988@Jan 20 2005, 04:41 PM
We have 4 dell laptops at work and I know of another person with one, no problems whatsoever with them.
[post=448843]Quoted post[/post]​

We have 3 at my work and we are going to throw them off the roof next week.
It should be fun, I can't wait.

Originally posted by Drake+Jan 20 2005, 07:15 PM-->
Ive had my dell laptop for about four years. Hasnt failed me yet. It has even fallin out of my bag every drive that could be removed flew out. Put them all back in and it was good to go. The IBM thinkpad is pretty good in my opinion too. But you know whatever gets ya goin.
[post=448887]Quoted post[/post]​
OldEMaltLiQuoR
@Jan 20 2005, 08:21 PM
I still have my dell laptop from 5 yrs ago. 9gig hard drive running win98. works OK. I don't use it that often though.
[post=448898]Quoted post[/post]​

The old ones were built well- but Dell is getting cheaper with age. Pretty much all the new Dells, regardless of whether they're laptops or desktops, have really crappy motherboards.

I guess I just been lucky with my intermittent Kernal inpage stack errors.

fuckin blue screens.

Might help if I didn't keep getting viruses too. :ph34r:

The only PC Laptop I would consider buying is one with an Athlon 64 chip. All the other PC laptops I've ever used were pieces of shit. They were slow as hell and completely worthless.

Buy a Mac or a 64, only wayt to go.

Originally posted by ripperbone@Jan 20 2005, 06:37 PM
trying to convince someone who barely speaks english that I need a replacement for my dj20 cause it wouldnt play wasnt very fun.
[post=448841]Quoted post[/post]​

Outsourcing to India owns you.... :ph34r: I've recently had to talk to those people about my PC and I know what you mean. I can barely understand what they are saying

Back