Denso Plugs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GreenMcNasty

Denso Irridums, are they worth the money or am I just gonna replace a resonably new set of plugs for no reason? :huh:

Originally posted by GreenMcNasty@Oct 7 2002, 04:23 PM
just gonna replace a resonably new set of plugs for no reason? :huh:

Yup. Save your cash. Wait until you really need new plugs, then get some NGK's or some Bosch Platinums (if you need Platinum).

NGK all the way, nothing else goes in my head. . . Brian (pissedoffsol) had some issues with bosch. . .lol

Eh, they're both good plugs. I've run Bosch Platinums in my engine for the last 38k miles, and they've held up pretty well. Who knows- I might try NGKs the next go round, but I'm pretty happy now.

I knew a guy in Longmont (Chris, ask Andy about his exp with Bosch) that had an LSVTEC that he ran Bosch 4 's in, one of the electrodes came apart and scored the hell out of the cylinder wall. Bosch plugs never go in my head.

Irridum and platnium aren't the best conductors. They are great because they don't oxidize as fast as copper. So they are excellent for long term use. If your looking for a better spark copper is the way to go. If someone makes Silver Electrode plugs that would be the best plug to use vs them all.

I agree- Platinum isn't the best conductor, but high compression eats plugs alive... and platinum is still pretty good. I've just been running the same plugs since the beginning, so that's what I've stuck with. Maybe I'll give some copper NGK's a shot next time, but I've been really happy so far.

I don't run the 4's... I think they're a waste of money.

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 8 2002, 04:24 PM
I don't run the 4's... I think they're a waste of money.

:werd:

the bosch 4 is basically you typical platnium plug with four conductors.
and we all know electricity takes the path of least resistance. So don't think for a second that because there are four electrodes you get four arcs of spark.
nope you get one, which ever one offeres the least path of resistance. again this plug is made for long life not the ability to make a better spark

bosch fucking blow. they are horrible.
they are NEVER sized right

i was un-gapping a set of bosch plugs with my piston.

they are shit.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 8 2002, 11:45 PM
bosch fucking blow. they are horrible.
they are NEVER sized right

i was un-gapping a set of bosch plugs with my piston.

they are shit.

Uh... ok. :unsure: :blink:

i might still have one or 2 lying around... it didn't jsut happen once.

they got ungapped. aka they aren't the right size. 3 sets. d16z6 plugs. i looked up the part numbers my self. they are the right ones... junk. never will they get my money again.

NGK 4 life y0

they were brand new dude! not old more than a week... and they were getting un gapped by my piston.

now THAT is fucked up

the bosch plugs are fucking rubish. i just had them in my car for not even a month. my car bogged like a mutherfucker. i just took them out and replaced them with some ngks yesterday. car runs mad smoothe now. fuck bosche, ill never use them again.

Back