Departure from the norm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Recently my muffler broke off of my car...For some reason i hadnt thought far enough into it when i rewelded the hanger (not hangers...thats the part i didnt think about.) So when i hit a bump it apparently pulled the muffler and it broke completely...and i LOVE the sound w/o the muffler, but not the extremely prevalent exhaust smell.

I want something that sounds like it does right now...when i can get looks from camaro guys its kinda cool...Since that muffler has been broken off i have disappointed atleast a half dozen camaro RS owners because they now look.

Anything preferably 2.5"+ catback system that yall know about?

my exhaust is 4-1 header, 2.25', three resonators, and a cheapo ebay muffler.......
it is only a little raspy for the firt 2-4 min until it warms up but after it sounds Deep LOUD and not that much droan......

however its gotten to the point where i cant stand it. but i dont drive the car every day..and my friends tell me i sound sick when i pass the crowd when drag racing...but i would not recomend it for a daily

i'm removing the fuel tank and putting the exhaust straight down the middle and steping up to 2.5' piping, 3 resonators and a better muffler.....

cliff notes....i think what you are looking for is a custom exaust and not a prefabed system

They are looking because they are wondering what piece of shit is making that sound! Geez man, put a muffler on it.

For a deep, loud exhaust note, majority of people on here will say Magnaflow. The same thing happened to me....I was driving, hammered on the gas, shifted into second and BAM! muffler blew right off and rolled into the ditch. I sorta liked the sound as well. I replaced it with a magnaflow stainless catback system (2.25") and it retained much of the same deep tone.

Magnaflow = Quiet on idle, Deep and aggressive before vtec, loud and aggresive to redline, good price point and great quality.

Originally posted by formby@Aug 10 2005, 10:18 AM
my exhaust is 4-1 header, 2.25', three resonators, and a cheapo ebay muffler.......
it is only a little raspy for the firt 2-4 min until it warms up but after it sounds Deep LOUD and not that much droan......

however its gotten to the point where i cant stand it. but i dont drive the car every day..and my friends tell me i sound sick when i pass the crowd when drag racing...but i would not recomend it for a daily

i'm removing the fuel tank and putting the exhaust straight down the middle and steping up to 2.5' piping, 3 resonators and a better muffler.....

cliff notes....i think what you are looking for is a custom exaust and not a prefabed system
[post=538299]Quoted post[/post]​

SHIT you have 3 resonators and a muffler?!? I barely had anough room for one resonator. I could squeeze two in if I REALLY saw teh need.

I say, get yourself a resonator and be done with it. I have a 2.5" DP to a 3" exhaust to one 3" resonator and it sounds good. I had originally planned to use a magnaflow muffler I bought, but the muffler was too long and would not fit, so I sold it and used just teh resonator. I'm very pleased with the turnout. I get compliments from Z28 owners all the time.

My buddy has a hatch with a B18C5 and he uses a 4-2-1 header, 2.5" piping, one glasspack as a resonator, and a straight through muffler. His sounds pretty deep and is still really loud once you get over about 3000RPM.

Back