Desktop Dyno 2000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Liquidblaze

I have downloaded a hacked version of Desktop Dyno 2000 by Mr. Gasket Co. Has anyone ever played with this program. I saw it in a JC Whitney Catalog. If anyone wants a copy let me know I can email a very compressed version of it.

-Chris

it is a program where you input all the specs of your car and a dyno result is given, it is a plus/minus 5% correct to a real dyno. It allows room to input modifications from your car too. There are a few little extras in there also.

Here are some screen shots:

I just put in some bs stats:

s3e22599248b05.jpg

s3e2259e46d81c.jpg

Desktop Dyno 2000 is a good estimator at most. I've never actually heard from anyone that has put the specs in Desktop Dyno and gotten some HP and Torque figures and then went to a real dyno to compare the results. I'd says it's a step above the ass dyno.

For the ones that want it, if I haven't sent it to you yet I will send it tonight. it is just a 1.3 Mb file.

yeah i would say it is probably a BS meter also, BUT... since it is free i'd be willing to try it, but then also cause its a hacked version who knows what kind of virus or worm could be in there, so nvm :p

either way i dont trust any warez or hacked version of anything... main reason is cause there are at least 100 versions of a new virus on the web everyday... all my homies are into computers and work for big companies so unless you work for norton anti-virus or mcafee then sorry cant trust that version you have

The only way to tell how much hp/torque you have is to get a real dyno. Guesstimating is retarded, no one wants to know about how much hp/torque you have. Get ur car on the dyno, best 70 bucks you can spend, why spend 30 bucks for a program that might be accurate? :worthy: Me

the DD is pretty ghey.. you have to know just about everything about your motor to get it to even werk, from cam profiles to intake valve and exhaust valve diameter, etc.

Originally posted by 90 accord@Jan 14 2003, 12:11 AM
the DD is pretty ghey.. you have to know just about everything about your motor to get it to even werk, from cam profiles to intake valve and exhaust valve diameter, etc.

what's wrong with knowing every damn spec on your car ???

hell if DD at least makes you learn about you vehicle and what parts you have in it then maybe it's good for something.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM+Jan 14 2003, 09:27 AM-->
90 accord
@Jan 14 2003, 12:11 AM

what's wrong with knowing every damn spec on your car ???

hell if DD at least makes you learn about you vehicle and what parts you have in it then maybe it's good for something.

if you need to spend 30 bucks to learn the specs about your car then that is pointless also... if you dont know your cam specs [duration and lift etc] then its pointless for you to fix up your car... for example, my cam specs are easy to know cause of the fact they are crower stage 3 VTEC drag race, .050 duration at 257 on the intake side... .050 duration with 246 lift on the exhaust... blah blah blah

so your point when you said its good for something... it still dont convince me that its good for ANYTHING except for taking up extra space on the comp... sorry :p

Back