Devils Reject's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

So who else is going to go see the Devil's Rejects tonight?????

It's crazy, majority of the criticts are wondering how in the hell it only got an "R" rating....

House of 1000 corpses was amazing......a total "horror movie fan" kinda flick, but badass.....I can't wait to see this one....

....Also because Sheri Moon Zombie is smokin hot....

Who else is stoked for this one????

ehh... I think it's cool that Rob Zombie's having such success with directing, but I'm not a big fan of horror movies myself.

house of 1000 corpses was quite possibly the worst movie ive ever seen.
well no, i think jesus christ vampire hunter may have been worse, but barely.

Originally posted by micah@Jul 22 2005, 01:14 PM
house of 1000 corpses was quite possibly the worst movie ive ever seen.
well no, i think jesus christ vampire hunter may have been worse, but barely.
[post=529883]Quoted post[/post]​

You're entitled to your opinions, but you are, obviously, uneducated in the topic.

That's just like saying that the Hellraiser movies were crap. That's just like saying the Evil dead series was garbage. That's just like saying that the original Texas was over-hyped and lame.

House of 1000 corpses was a breakthrough in Horror a few years ago. North America was flooded with crappy Japanese remakes ex: The Ring, The Grudge ect..... And Rob Zombie actually gave the horror going public what it so desperately needed. A film that brought together all the major elements of horror, complete with original scores, and up and coming actors. I mean shit, horror movies lately have been so washed out, predictable, and tame. House of 1000 corpses was raw, brutal, and offending.

Can't wait to see this one.

Haven't seen House of 1000 Corpses personally. Is the new one supposed to be a sequel to it?

I just don't like Rob Zombie at all actually. But I might consider seeing the movie

i thought House of 1000 Corpses was fucking good. that Dr. Satan chracter was a sick somabitch espeically when he made that one kid into "fish boy" then showed him (or what was left of him) to that girl. that was crazy as hell.

id like to see The Devil's Rejects. it looks pretty damn good. and i think its fucking cool as hell that hes bringing back Dr. Satan, Baby and Colonel Spalding in it. those 3 were my main faves in House of 1000 Corpses.

House of a 1000 corpses was absolutely horrible. It didn't promote the horror genre in the least. It was incoherent, garbled together attempt to create so kind of reaction through violence and gore, yet offers nothing in the way of suspense, or terror...horrible that they call it a "horror".

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 22 2005, 02:00 PM
House of a 1000 corpses was absolutely horrible. It didn't promote the horror genre in the least. It was incoherent, garbled together attempt to create so kind of reaction through violence and gore, yet offers nothing in the way of suspense, or terror...horrible that they call it a "horror".
[post=529911]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly.

It didn't pussy-foot around the gore. There was no suspense. No terror. No "look out behind you!!!!". Just raw brutality. Come on John, when was the last time you saw a garden shed full of raped, mutilated, and rotting dead cheerleaders in your backyard??? After having slept with their dead carcases for weeks...lol. It was Horror in the purest sence. This is why I said it was a benchmark in horror today. It brought the genre back to the old school.

But whatever, you either like it or you hate it. :shrug2:

My only problem with it is that, it totally lacked what made horror....horror. Movies today rely too much on gore and shock, and that's just not scary to me. Horror is bloated with crap, and for something to be a true horror, it has to give you that feeling that something just isn't right, unfortunately buckets of blood and hacked up bodies doesn't do it in 2005 :) Deliverance is scarier :)

society is so desensitized to "gore" nowadays, a shed full of hacked up bodies is nothing for me to grimace at.

there was nothing "horrific" about that movie, it was just plain stupid.

I'm not denying the fact that it was definately a movie for the horror movie fan, in the classical sence. Thats why, in my opinion, it was so special for it's time.

Because seriously, I haven't seen a "horror" movie since that one (Except the Dawn remake). All these Japanese remakes, and suspense thrillers like the Ring and the Grudge, and Boogeyman, and saw, ect... you know, the ones that have come out in the past few years, were all simply suspense thrillers.

People say that they are so desensitized to gore and blood, well on the other hand, alot of us feel the same way about suspense. I couldn't help while watching the Grudge (for instance) saying to my roomate..."Some dude is going to pop out and scare you in three seconds....one.....two....POP! ....Told ya" sort of thing. Movies are so predictable these days, thats why I liked House of 1000.....it was a classic horror movie. Brutal and raw.

As I said though....you either love it or hate it.

Devils rejects will be house of 1000, with no gimmics, no witchcraft and wierd monsters....just the slaughter of innocent women, children, and whatever else gets in their way. Another one to go down as an instant classic.

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Jul 22 2005, 01:51 PM
i thought House of 1000 Corpses was fucking good. that Dr. Satan chracter was a sick somabitch espeically when he made that one kid into "fish boy" then showed him (or what was left of him) to that girl. that was crazy as hell.

id like to see The Devil's Rejects. it looks pretty damn good. and i think its fucking cool as hell that hes bringing back Dr. Satan, Baby and Colonel Spalding in it. those 3 were my main faves in House of 1000 Corpses.
[post=529904]Quoted post[/post]​

Capitan Spaulding is the shit. That guy rules. Baby is hot as hell, but the laugh has to go :lol:

Well I just got back from seeing this flick.....

Holy fuck dudes........wicked!!!!!.....thats all I can tell you. Intence from start to finish. Nothing like House of 1000 corpses at all.

:worthy:

Definately one to see!

Rob is a brilliant kinda guy when it comes to his art - And I think he does it well. I'll go see it, but believe it or not, I haven't seen Star Wars yet.

well rob zombie based his movies off of other ones...
house of 1000 corpses = texas chain saw massacre
devils rejects = natural born killers
they are not exacts but they are his versions of how the movies should be. He should stick to music :) but he isnt even good at that either.

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@Jul 23 2005, 10:52 AM
well rob zombie based his movies off of other ones...

devils rejects = natural born killers

[post=530145]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao: Natural born killers?? The ONLY thing similar in those two movies is a cop chasing criminals. THATS IT. You OBVIOUSLY didn't see the movie.

And Rob Zombie basing his movies on others?? umm, ya, that was the point. Gather all the best aspects of the classic horror films and put them together.

when it come to horror flicks i trust rob zombie. saw the guy on cribs on mtv. has probably every horror movie every made on vhs, dvd, laserdisc etc. guy is a horror movie buff.

and i loved house of 1000 corpses. saw it last night and just got me more pumped to see this new one. the recent cookie cutter horror movies suck, the ring 2 was suppose to be scary as shit and i laughed my ass of through it. all the remakes suck too. the best horror movies nowadays come from rob zombie and low budget japanese movies with subtitles and all. just my .02.

Pure crap. No real story line. nothing. Just like the most recent Texas chan saw massacre... it was just hack and slash. I must admit that they guy hanging from the meat hook with his amputated leg meat-packed, with his foot dinging the keys of the piano was friggin freaking me out, it was just imagery. There still was no story.

also with the rings 1-2.. cookie cutter, fine.
hell, these directors need to throw out everything they've ever seen in a horror movie and start all over. something new and fresh.. not like hellraiser 77... or chucky 32.. seed of the bride of the grandfather's niece's uncle dad of chucky.

Jaws rocked.
Scream Rocked.
The Fog rocked.

but they had stories behind them.. and were WAY less hack and slash.

Back