Do I need a the injector resistor box??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Engine:D15B2
Head:Z6
ECU:p28
Injectors used are saturated 10 ohm.
Do I need the resistor box? I dont see one on a 92-95 engine diagram with the P28 ecu. I am using the redpepperracing diagrams and are not that clear.

If you are using the 92+ injectors civic, no, if you are using the 88-91 Civic, 86-93 teggy, or any 'lude injectors, yes.

I don't know the specifics of what ohm level is high or low impedence, etc, but those are the yearly qualifications. You have to match ECU to injector style, basically.

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 2 2005, 10:19 AM
Saturated Injectors = NO resister box.
[post=534412]Quoted post[/post]​

Should I use the peak/hold type injectors since I already have the resistor box and the plus side is that peak/hold are suppose to respond quiker? Let me know.

If you have a set of peak and hold, use them! They are better.

Its pretty much the same difference on a stockish motor, though. Saturated will get the job done just fine.

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 2 2005, 12:30 PM
If you have a set of peak and hold, use them! They are better.

Its pretty much the same difference on a stockish motor, though. Saturated will get the job done just fine.
[post=534530]Quoted post[/post]​

I will go ahead and keep the satuarated inj. So where would the injector wires run if they dont need the resistor box.

Back