Do Wheel Spacers Hurt Handling?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saturn_boy96

88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R
So, has anyone run wheel spacers or know if they hurt handling?(i'm talking like 2mm-5mm none of that 40+mm rice crap, just enough to fill your wheel well nicely.)

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Feb 3 2003, 12:19 PM
So, has anyone run wheel spacers or know if they hurt handling?(i'm talking like 2mm-5mm none of that 40+mm rice crap, just enough to fill your wheel well nicely.)

i dont think so, i know "chris" on this board needed to run them at one time, he suggested getting the HKS spacers, which come with new studs also, you will need longer ones if you are spacing, usually its only done if you have wheels that cannot clear your brake calipers, to do it for looks is pointless.

I use 1mm, 2mm, 3mm and 6mm spacers in different combinations on our racecar - tuning the track width front to rear can make a tremendous difference in how well you car handles. Adding specers to the fron twill increase your scrub radius - that will make the steering wheel a little heavier (more feedback) and can make the car a little bit "darty" at highway speeds...you get used to it though.

Kirk

Back