dohc zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

91crx

i wanted to know if the dohc zc was ok for turbo, i have always heard that the compression is to high but when i checked it out it wasnt very high please let me know

i cant decide whether or not i want to swapa b16 a into my crx and go all motor with it or a dohc zc and go turbo help me out thanks

see well i had the sohc zc in it and i sold it because i wanted more power but now i just want to hurry up and get a motor in there i have an ls motor and b16 tranny but i am not sure of the mielage or the condition it was in so i am planning on selling it and either doing a b16 a which i know will have low miles or doing a dohc zc but the problem with zc is i dont want to swap it in and then cant really do anything else to so thats why i am asking if it is a safe motor to go turbo on

if your tranny is good...keep it......get a B20 long block..use the intake manifold from your LS and do that swap.....stock B20 will be a good base to build on later...IE turbo....or b20vtec

well i bought the ls planning on putting that in ther so i dont really want to take the manifold off and let the rest go to waste if i have to i might just sell the motor and tranny and buy a new ls motor and b16 tranny from this engine place in lynwood. They sell b16 as for 495 and but they never have any in stock and the b18a goes for 750 thats why i was going to sell my ls and just buy a b16. Also i dont like the low redline on the b20

um b serries is overrated. you should go with selling all of that b crap. buying a d16y8 with forged pistons and rods get 10psi of turbo get it tuned and kill. then take all the money you saved and mold it together and make a kit for your car. :D

B series isn't overrated at all- it's just that the D series in underrated. By the way, if you spend all the money buying another D block and rebuilding it with forged pistons/rods, you're really not saving any cash at all over a B18 swap.

yea i had a d series or sohc zc and wasnt to happy with it i have decided to do a b16 but got to sell my b18 first

This is not Swap-related. This is the Swap-related forum.

Try again in the right forum.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back