Done, EP3 Type S

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bmx269

Well, I am back, I was here about 2 years ago getting help with my LS into Civic swap, and now I thought I'd update you on my newest ride.

I picked up an EP3 and have done alot to it already. Here are the details and some pictures.

2002 White Civic SiR

Engine:
K20A2 Engine with 6spd Transmission
Integra Type R ECU (DC5) 8400rpm Redline, 180km/h Speed Cutoff
T1R Grounding kit
Hondata Intake Manifold Heatshield Gasket
Stock Airbox gutted with K&N Race Filter (not in pictures)
Custom 2.25" Midpipe
Spoon N1 Exhaust
Spoon Radiator Cap 1.35
Type R Valve Cover
Spoon Reservoir Tank Covers

Ride:
Neuspeed Race Springs
17" Motegi MR12 w Bridgestone Potenza S03 215/40R17

Interior:
Momo Street Racer GT Drivers Seat
Momo 2" Harness
Buddy Club A-Spec Race Shift Knob

Misc:
Mugen Replica Carbon Fiber Hood
Painted Headlights
Red Corner Markers in Front
Civic Type R "H" Emblems

Future Mods:
Speed Cutoff Override ie: Apexi
Type R Cams / Valve-train
Type R Skirt kit
Forged Wheels

Pics:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Check out my article on the swap on K-Series.com

Nice swap, but please remove your pic from your signature.

Image removed. Sorry. No questions regarding the swap guys?

BTW, I gained my torque back by doing the Airbox mod, instead of the short ram intake. I am planning on keeping a clean but functional setup. I feel that so far the power and look are working nicely together.

Thanks pissedoffsol, it pulls so hard at 8400rpm, its crazy.

very nice... JDM + NA = good combination

:)

a guy i know has a ep3 boosted... is it just me or does it look a lil high for neuspeed race springs? or am i trippen?

Its an illusion, the lighting makes the drop look funny. I have about a 1 finger gap from the wheel well.

is it me, or does the engine bay look a tad bit cramped in there ????

or is it the way the pics are taken.

No it is a small bay, even smaller than the RSX engine bay. This makes it tight for some mods. :) It looks even tighter with my stock box. Ill take a picture right now. brb

:thumbsup: Very nice looking car. I am starting to like the new Si's.

But yeah, that does look very very small compared to the older civic's engine bay's.

not a fan of the new Si's but I like yours it really clean. is the K20A2 a JDM engine... if the designations are correct since it has 5 characters in it, it isnt JDM... right? I know nothing about the new Si or RSX-s or anything. i do love the TSX though...Comptech makes a Stainless Catback for them now! :pointlessInfo:

K20A2 is the 200hp RSX Type S engine, check the Reference section on this site for a breakdown of the engine codes.

Here is a picture of my engine bay with the airbox back in. (taken 5min ago)
9.jpg

Very very nice! It almost looks like there's more room in my buddy Aaron's 2001 EX engine bay than there is in your Si... and he's got the same engine in there too.

Back