Door popper bench test

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gergLeft

So I purchased an electric-life door popper kit. Before getting everything into the car, I wanted to bench test everything to verify all the components were good, for obvious reasons.
I've verified the solenoids & relays are both good - however I'm having issues verifying the keyfob receiver/brain unit is good. Here's a copy of the wiring diagram: http://gergleft.com/CRX/project/door ... wiring.jpg

For the bench test, I currently intend to hook everything directly to the battery for positive and negative when it says for ground. I've got two questions for anyone whose installed these before (or understands these wiring diagrams)

1) It has the yellow wire going to the ignition positive; For a bench test, would the battery positive be a good place to run this? Or should I rig up a switch run the yellow wire & a wire from the battery to the positive terminal of the switch, then ground the switch?

2) The little icon above the relays with red wires leading to it, and then it goes to "Hook to Positive (+)" - Anyone know what that icon is?

I expect that if I can get the valet switch to trigger the driver relay, that should well enough prove the brain unit works.
Thanks!

The yellow wire is typically a remote/switched power. (non constant)
It will be fine to power this directly for bench testing, however the brain may disable power to the solenoid as it is typically intended to prevent the "popper" to function while the vehicle is in use. It is un necesarry to run ground to the battery. There are multiple factory grounds under the dash of hondas. Just share one of those.

So if you are testing things out, leave the yellow wire disconnected.

Lastly "hook to positive + " is a juice source. Positive terminal of the battery.

Back