DPFI to MPFI are wrong for a 1990 standard model..I am convinced

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tanjulio

Hello I attempted to do a mpfi swap in my 1990 standard model (sold inDelaware). I installed a 1995 d15b7 engine with an 89 si intake manifold and a PG7 (1988 & 1989 integra ecu & resistor) with , the an 1989 si distributor and the 1995 dx distributor..
the sucker would not fire up..I had No voltage going from the ecu to the injectors...
Then i swapped the ecu and I had Voltage going to the injectors..
So i put the original intake, distributor and ecu on the car and the car started up with the d15b7 engine..No problems, No codes .
I came to the conclusion that The wiring must be different.. Any help?
WTF..???

similar experience as drnenappes
https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ed-ef-da/d16a6-into-90-civic-hatch-std-wont-start-79732/

I followed it to the letter.. It doesn't work. I wired it back to the original state. the sucker fired up no problems..
If i didn't know what i was doing i would admit it.. but trust me.. the wiring is different. i know the ecu's work. there must be some type of change specific to standard models...People assume one doesn't look up the information, but when the information is inaccurate for your specific vehicle it is useless.

I followed it to the letter.. It doesn't work. I wired it back to the original state. the sucker fired up no problems..
If i didn't know what i was doing i would admit it.. but trust me.. the wiring is different. i know the ecu's work. there must be some type of change specific to standard models...People assume one doesn't look up the information, but when the information is inaccurate for your specific vehicle it is useless.

I believe the STD was missing the crank sensor or something. double check into that for how many wires are off the distributor and then check continuity to the ecu. :-/ hopefully that helps a little.

Worst case you can trace out every wire into the engine bay. I ended up doing that to find out i swapped two wires on the distributor and messed up the firing order on my first swap.

I would say that since you did not have power to the injectors when you had the PG7 ecu in and you did have power to the injectors when you put your old ecu back in, then I would say that the PG7 ecu could be bad. Try another ECU. PM6, PR4[90-91 teg] and see if that works. Sorry your having such a tough time with it man. I had a standard hatch before and followed the same steps as you and mine worked fine. Not saying anything bad just saying something is being over looked. Maybe the old resistor box is no good. We are talking about parts that are going on 20 years old here.

std=dx=lx all dpfi and all the same.
they should be. but i was saying i believe these isn't a cylinder position sensor on the std. The wiring in general is the same though.

Back