Drum Brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

psycho.civic

@lightthatshitup //import doll//
So my backing plates are really rusted to the point my springs pop out of place and they lock up.

Are there easily accessible backing plates from a newer civic that will fit my 87 civic si?

Is there a way I can update the parts without switching to a newer rear axle?

Any input would be appreciated

I did read on RPR that the alum drums fit backing plates from 88+ models so im assuming that I can easily switch all my drum parts to like a 90s hatch set up and it should work fine?

Thanks!

No the 3g civic is torsion bar front end and rear straight axle and nothing is interchangeable with newer civic, that poor car is cashed out judging by other post and not even being rude, parts are rare and hard to come by but stuff will swap with a 1g integra but will be no gain, also those 3g civic springs are soo fatigued that you can usually compress them literally with your hand, id weld up the perches best to ability and keep on rolling , also changing the rear to coilover sleeves is super easy , but id also reccomend changing the shocks 100% they are blown too, kinda the biggest downfall to the cars is the suspension and no matter what it's going to handle like poo and if you actually get the cars stiff they literally vibrate and tear themselves apart, and the front suspension doesnt have enough travel to put a stut in the front
Screenshot_2016-06-19-19-08-05-1.png

Back