Dual Exhaust?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtecsi95

I have heard different things about Dual Exhaust. Some people tell me that you lose too much backpressure and it slows you down. Others tell me it helps the car ("if done right" <---whatever that means) with top end. Can someone clear this up for me once and fore all?? Thanks!! :moon:

Well I'm not sure that I will help much... but the only reason to get larger exhaust is that you're pushing more out.

Most NA applications dont require more than one 2 1/4" or 2 1/2 pipe, while Turbo would want 3".

You just don't need that kind of flow since you don't create that much exhaust in a 4 cyl.

s3dd406363eec4.jpg

and they look ghey as hell

Ok now I understand that it doesnt help much...but how would it be done right? I am only asking because my new back bumper might have 2 exhaust holes, and there is no way that I am going to waste a perfeclty good Apexi N1 by using it as a dummy. (When I can look at 2 N1's doing the same work as one and have other people calling me a dummy for doing it!) Seriously though, what size piping would I use from the cat back and would I change the diameter once it reaches the split and becomes 2 different pipes or would I keep it the same? Thanks

(I know most of you are against dual exhaust, your probably thinking, "Hey why don't you get Chrome 19's and TYPE R Hood Lights to go with your exhaust!!" :blink: I just want to know how it's done. Thanks again!

DO it... it looks tight and it cant hurt the car but so much......dont ask the " ban rice" guys....they know whut they talkin bout but youll just gett cracked on....do whut you want! :worthy:

It may "look tite" but if you actually buy a good muffler, except to blow an extra 180-200 on this "tite look" Thermal exhaust with tip is 180-200 and is about the same price for any comprable muffler. If you a crappy brand, you are going to get a bumble bee on speed or a weed waker on NAAWWWSSS kind of sound.

Originally posted by htrcivic96sir@Jan 6 2003, 10:01 PM
DO it... it looks tight and it cant hurt the car but so much......dont ask the " ban rice" guys....they know whut they talkin bout but youll just gett cracked on....do whut you want! :worthy:

s3dc876eda8ab3.jpg

autozone.gif

RICER!

Backpressure is a domestic issue. You will be screwing with the scavenging capabilities of your exhaust by disrupting the flow that came with your properly sized A'pex kit. True it can only hurt so much...but you only got 5-10 Hp out of your 500$ investment in the first place. My business partner runs dual A'pex N1's out of his widebody Prelude SH....haaaaad to have em'...anyway it looks great and sounds like a pissed off bee now.

actually i paid $95 for my muffler and it has a nice deep tone ( MATRIX) and ive heard whut greddy has to offer....if you dont mate there exuast with a CAI or short ram for that matter it sounds like a chainsaw with a miss. my boy has a 93 EX with the greddy evo on it and it sounded like dick till he got his SHit-take ( Ractive) then it opened up and sounded nice....dont shit on cheap... thats all some of us have....but for others we can afford to blow money on an extra muffler and piping. me..i spent my money on a BIG ASS WING!!!! 007 style boi

Originally posted by htrcivic96sir@Jan 13 2003, 03:52 PM
actually i paid $95 for my muffler and it has a nice deep tone ( MATRIX) and ive heard whut greddy has to offer....if you dont mate there exuast with a CAI or short ram for that matter it sounds like a chainsaw with a miss. my boy has a 93 EX with the greddy evo on it and it sounded like dick till he got his SHit-take ( Ractive) then it opened up and sounded nice....dont shit on cheap... thats all some of us have....but for others we can afford to blow money on an extra muffler and piping. me..i spent my money on a BIG ASS WING!!!! 007 style boi

Matrix= gay

Ractive= gay

Have some respect for yourself and your car, get a real muffler. Apex, Greddy, Thermal, 5zigen, Tanabe, HKS

If you don't feel like spending 500 on an exhaust system, buy a good muffler and get some custom pipes. That or you can buy a dynomax mandrel bent exhaust system for like 150. I would rather spend 150 on an exhuast than 500+ and not get much of a gain at all for the extra 350 spent.
Hondas are too fucking expensive to mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back