dvd mp3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ripperbone

angry bear
Rest In Peace
alright all of you that have burned mp3 on dvds help me out.

i burned my mp3 to dvds and cant get the dvds to work in any of my dvd players(car and home)

i used nero to burn them, am i doing something wrong in the burn process or do i need to use a different burn program?

You need to burn mp3's to cds not dvds, and your cd/dvd player must support mp3's. You're burning mp3s to dvds, i.e. your burning audio to video formats, your dvd player is expecting video in a dvd format, not mp3s.

my dvd players do support mp3 playback, i dont want mp3 on cd anymore
why have 15 cds when you can have 3 dvds full of music and yes it can be done

Sorry, that's all I know. Can't blame me for tryin

I have Nero version 6.6.0.15 whatever that means.

nero.jpg

That's what you want.

i tried that and i couldnt pick any files from the computer so i had to switch to nero buring rom.

your car wont play it. only a few jvc receivers with giga mp3 are capable of playing dvd-r mp3 dics.

your home dvd player is probably the same way.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 8 2005, 09:30 PM
your car wont play it. only a few jvc receivers with giga mp3 are capable of playing dvd-r mp3 dics.

your home dvd player is probably the same way.
[post=551704]Quoted post[/post]​

damn i have an eclipse deck.

B do you nero or? to burn your mp3 to dvd,

pope - i downloaded the update for nero and i have to try it to see if it will work

It can be done. Hell, my 120 dollar bargain bin DVD headunit plays mp3's burned to DVD.

What type of DVDs are you using?

bargin bin DVD player... not CD player :)

and yes, i use nero

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 9 2005, 08:40 AM
bargin bin DVD player... not CD player :)

and yes, i use nero
[post=551842]Quoted post[/post]​

Well you wouldn't expect a DVD to work in a CD player :lol:

I was thinking he may have to use a different type o DVDR, I use -R's and they work in just about everything I've thrown them in.

Then again, he may need to use +R's

Speakin of which, have you burned mp3's to a DVD+R/DL disc yet? If I'm gonna pay out the wazoo for one of those discs it better fuckin' work :ph34r:

EDIT: I use K3b for all my burnination.

no.. and in fact, my player specifcally asys it won't play dual layer or regular
+r discs. -R is where its at for media... +R is where its at for data storage

first off i dont have a cd player in my car I have a dvd player in my car, so reading dvds is not the problem, all the movies I have in my car are burned copys so I dont lose the orginals
gallery_36382_304_59871.jpg

as far as blank dvds go, right now I am using memorex dvd+r, my burrner is only a dvd+r/rw so i cant burn dvd-r so i am stuck with dvd+r. and dont say get a different burner, cause the burner is in my laptop, and dell doesnt make a dvd-rw/dvd+rw for my laptop, i have looked on ebay and the dvd-r/dvd+r burners that are listed are not genuine drives for my laptop, they look cheap. I have looked at dells website to see if they have a +/- burner for my laptop, and they only one listed for my laptop is an external one.

so I am stuck buring + disks. and if what B is saying the dvd+ are for storage and that dvd-r are for media then I guess that must be the problem. i going to try to mess around with it this weekend. hope I can figure out what problem is.

and no i havent tried the dual layer disks yet. thanks for all the help guys if you have any more ideas please let me know.

i got this from this website
http://www.build-your-own-computer-tips.co...ifferences.html

The DVD-R/RW standard was developed by Pioneer, and is used primarily by Apple and Pioneer. These “minus“ discs can only be written to in one layer on the discs surface. In addition, this format is supported by the DVD forum, but is in no way an industry standard. DVD-R/RW discs are cheaper than the “plus” format.

The DVD+R/RW format is supported by Philips, Dell, Sony, HP, and Microsoft. These discs can be written to in multiple layers, giving them slightly better and more disc storage than the “minus“ format. Because of this additional capacity, they are slightly more expensive than “minus“ discs.

you can burn what ever crap on either + or - R discs...

but, in general, more electronics will read it when its medai on -R and data on +R

Back