Ebay car of the week...# 346346

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Could have been such a nice MR2 and they had to go and f#@k it up with a bunch of pointless crap.

Now THAT is a swap. Where are the Cold Air Intakes and the Turbos? :)

versus the other rocket / jet mods for the MR2, this one looks truly awesome. Each of those motors however is $100,000, so good luck with that bid.

If I had those motors, they would go on an experimental plane.

-> Steve

man i could only imagine hittin the spot with that bitch. imagine the looks youd get lol

looks like a poormans batmobile :p

:blink: holy shit.

that is cleaner than i would have figured though. if it werent for the spoiler on the front, it would look stock. i mean, besides the gigantic fucking turbines on the back. so where is the drivers seat?

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 11 2005, 11:41 AM
versus the other rocket / jet mods for the MR2, this one looks truly awesome. Each of those motors however is $100,000, so good luck with that bid.

If I had those motors, they would go on an experimental plane.

-> Steve
[post=524160]Quoted post[/post]​

Werd. If I had 20g's, my name would be on that bid, and I'd scavenge those engines and put them on something a little more fun than a car.

Can you say flying car?

The guy did put in the auction that at 140ish it wanted to lift off... hence the spoilers. Means that thing is not far from a flying car at all, some wings (dont even have to be big with all that thrust) and a few flight controls... bam

Originally posted by wanderinman@Jul 11 2005, 12:57 PM
The guy did put in the auction that at 140ish it wanted to lift off... hence the spoilers.  Means that thing is not far from a flying car at all, some wings (dont even have to be big with all that thrust) and a few flight controls... bam
[post=524207]Quoted post[/post]​

wrong. That car weighs WAY too much to do much more than lift the front end off the ground and do a few flips. Despite the size, those engines only weight about 400 lb. each.

Edit: My bad, 350 lb each +/-, not to mention a little more for the nozzle. We have one of them in the test cell at school. I stood about 10ft behind it while it was fired up and idling. I'd say the heat was about 125 deg F. Hella loud too, the cops would give you a noise ticket for sure just idling the thing.

GE engine site _ T58

Originally posted by civicious@Jul 11 2005, 01:00 PM
2 bigass turbines and it only hit 187? Wtf?
[post=524214]Quoted post[/post]​

that nozzle is probably custom made, as that is a turboshaft engine. It was probably made to small and is choking it. Still, nearly 200mph is fast in a car. A lot of it is also probably due to drag buildup, as the car isn't exactly aerodynamic, from an aircraft pov.

It wouldbe worth the money if it was street legal. But it's not, so that's no fun. If I was gonna do that to a car, I would want to be able to drive it around on the street.

Back