ECU CEL

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

I need to know what these cel's are, the led light on the ecu blinks 2 long times then 4 short, also once I know which codes these are throwing i need to know how to fix them, engine is a b16a1 w/ a pw0 ecu and rywire engine harness, car starts idle's kinda rough.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Jun 19 2005, 09:31 PM
I need to know what these cel's are, the led light on the ecu blinks 2 long times then 4 short, also once I know which codes these are throwing i need to know how to fix them, engine is a b16a1 w/ a pw0 ecu and rywire engine harness, car starts idle's kinda rough.
[post=514101]Quoted post[/post]​

24? HUH?
Maybe The ICM(ignition Control Module)... :unsure:

Originally posted by Estorvito+Jun 19 2005, 10:46 PM-->
VTECPOWER
@Jun 19 2005, 09:31 PM
[post=514101]Quoted post[/post]​

24? HUH?
Maybe The ICM(ignition Control Module)... :unsure:
[post=514127]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i know, 24???? i thought that code didnt exist but it does blink twice for a long time, then 4 quick, i think ill call rywire tomarrow see if they can help. since i got the harness from them.
Anyone have any other ideas?

Um....... yeah, so anyone got any ideas? like i said blinks 2 times long duration then 4 short, car does not go into vtec, i need to find out these codes and fix them.

are you sure its 4 short blinks, cause I looked at my code list and didnt find a code 24.
is there a pause in between the 2 long blinks and the 4 short blinks?

Originally posted by ripperbone@Jun 20 2005, 07:58 PM
are you sure its 4 short blinks, cause I looked at my code list and didnt find a code 24.
is there a pause in between the 2 long blinks and the 4 short blinks?
[post=514535]Quoted post[/post]​

yes, pause between the two long blinks also, so im not sure what it is.

wow.. THe only thing i can think of is the ECU man...
I've asked a couple of guys here local and they have never heard of a 24 code.

I dunno.....

But Good luck though....

Is there any way that the 2 long blinks are just like a sensor warning light or something? and then it being a code 4?
I bought everything from hmo, should i just give them a call and ask for a new ecu?

could be a 10 code then a 14 code, jus my thought...... cuz i threw a 9 code then it puased and one long blink and 4 short for a 14 then pause 2 long blinks then pause an d 2 more long blinks and 2 short. so u might wanna check that.
all in all i threw 9-14-20-22

thats what i was thinking, maybe 2 codes as in a 10 and a 14, which are 10 = IAT Sensor (Intake Air Temperature) and 14 = IAC Valve (Idle Air Control).

Would those codes effect vtec? i tried do "hit" vtec and it did not engage, i was up to temp, and i hooked up an oil pressure gauge and it read about 70psi when on the gas completely, sometimes the oil pressure is at about 40+ psi at idle. Which is high correct?

i think code 10 might not let u hit vtec.. i'm throwing code 14 and still hit vtec so u should look at gettin those fixed , most likely just faulty wiring.

the car is in limp mode and rev limiter is at about 7500 rpm, wiring was rywire, so i guess ill keep trying to contact them.

anytime your car goes into limp mode, vtec will not work.
if your having a problem getting a hold of the guys at rywire go to their forum at www.norcalcrx.org they always check the forum at least once a day

yep limp mode will not allow vtec crossover. its weird i'm at the moment throwing 4 codes and the car still isnt in limp mode. but most of the codes i'm throwin involve wiring with my pigtail. so that prolly y.

Originally posted by 90b16acivic@Jun 21 2005, 08:57 PM
if you dont mind me asking what is limp mode?
[post=514991]Quoted post[/post]​

engine doesnt rev as high, vtec doesnt work. because of cel's

limp mode is when the ecu sees a cel that could harm the engine so it lowers the red line and richens up the a/f ratio and makes some things not work like vtec.

Back