ECU gone or going?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gdc2000

Noob
I don't know if this is normal or not but I really never payed much attention to the stcok ecu in the 91 crx. I removed the carpet and noticed when the car runs the red light never stops blinking. I was looking for the codes and all that but I think maybe it is a general failure or something?

It does not blink 5 times the stop or anything like that. It just blinks about 1 sec apart non stop. Is it supposed to do that when its running?

Edit: Wrong forum. Can a mod move this please? Thanks

Last edited:
Ok after a few beers last night after further examination I think it is actually a code 20 which looks like it is some Electronic Load Detector (ELD)? I saw a common thing was to try the battery first so I did. :)

I replaced the battery and it cleared the code. I think since the car has been sitting so long one of the cells or something was dead and I have been having a hard time starting it. If it sat for a week I would have to jump it off so hopefully this will help some people out.

Back