ECU H22A - Pinouts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FastRCars

Well i dont know..i get a little confused when looking at my ECU to the H22 i just got..

Is it a regular OBD1 ECU?..shouldnt there only be 3 "plugs" ? this one got 4..

Have a look at this pics below..

BTW..can any one tell me which cabels who needs to be wired up on a NON-VTEC Civic DX? i got no prewired cables at all..cause there were a 1,3 Engine there before (EG Chassie)

/ J

post-11-1119955161.jpg

thats from a jdm prelude that came with either rear wheel steerting or was an automatic ecu.
i have no experience with it, so i have no idea if it will work or not

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 28 2005, 02:39 PM
thats from a jdm prelude that came with either rear wheel steerting or was an automatic ecu. 
i have no experience with it, so i have no idea if it will work or not
[post=517304]Quoted post[/post]​

Aha..hm..anyone else got any clues?

Whats the diffrents Between JDM / USM ECU´s ? if we take P13 for an example..

And why r JDM at 200Hp and USM 190Hp? diffrents in ECU?
/ J

different cams, pistons, compression, and ecu are the biggest differences.

IMO, i'd try to find a usdm ecu. they are usually eaiser to work with

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 28 2005, 05:24 PM
different cams, pistons, compression, and ecu are the biggest differences.

IMO, i'd try to find a usdm ecu.  they are usually eaiser to work with
[post=517364]Quoted post[/post]​

ehm..i got a Spoon chip to the P13 ECU...it will release the Speed limiter and set Vtec @ 5500rpm..

Got a degree in electronic welding so it shouldnt be any problem

Its just the ECU pinout iam interested in..

Cams are the same. Pistons are different, which explains the difference in compression. ECU is probably different, but I don't know in which ways.

IMO, get rid of the Spoon chip. It's more likely to hinder your performance than help it. Getting rid of the rev limiter is a terrible idea, unless you've upgraded your valvetrain.

EDIT: Why would you want to set VTEC higher? It's already too high, it really needs to be right around 5000 rpm.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 28 2005, 05:34 PM
Cams are the same. Pistons are different, which explains the difference in compression. ECU is probably different, but I don't know in which ways.

IMO, get rid of the Spoon chip. It's more likely to hinder your performance than help it. Getting rid of the rev limiter is a terrible idea, unless you've upgraded your valvetrain.

EDIT: Why would you want to set VTEC higher? It's already too high, it really needs to be right around 5000 rpm.
[post=517367]Quoted post[/post]​

Well i talked about the SPEED LIMITER...not the Rpm limiter..i dont want to travel in 180km/h all time..

For the RPM...i´ll have to put a electronic rev limiter cause the SPOON sets it to 9000RPM..

What do u think about the ECU then?...pinout´s...

I know what you said. I also know that knockoff Spoon/Mugen/whatever chips bump your rev limiter up to unsafe ranges. Hence, my comment. Putting in an electronic rev limiter is a safe idea.

I also stand by my comment about it hindering performance.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 28 2005, 11:39 PM
I know what you said. I also know that knockoff Spoon/Mugen/whatever chips bump your rev limiter up to unsafe ranges. Hence, my comment. Putting in an electronic rev limiter is a safe idea.

I also stand by my comment about it hindering performance.
[post=517582]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok i see...so what should i do to get rid of the Speed limiter?

buy a p72, and get it custome chipped/tuned with crome :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 29 2005, 08:23 PM
buy a p72, and get it custome chipped/tuned with crome :)
[post=518145]Quoted post[/post]​

*s*

anyway..i got the answer for my thinking about the ECU:

" Hello, if the code is 37820-P13-N51 than it is a automatic, if it ends in 001 or 003 than it is a 5-speed. "

So..i guess it could be 4WS "controlled" , but would it concern me? , can i use the same pinout diagram for 92-95 OBD-1 Civic/Integra as hosted in the tech forum?

or should i get one from the lude?

// J

Well i suppose OBD1 is the same for every VTEC car so..i´ll do the wire and see what happens , and then i´ll go from there , btw i bought a new harness because my "dx" 1,3L harness was useless..

so rock n roll

yeah, try it.

basically, ignore the plug for the 4ws stuff.

Back