EF + B16 susp/spring q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

olde phart

Still obsessing over my pending B16 swap.....trying to have ALL the groundwork done and everything figured out and scrounged up so my car is scattered all over the shop the very least amount of time. I'm on suspension now....I've got all the crap to put EX front brakes (same rotors/calipers as Integra) and Integra rear discs on....but what (if anything) do I need to do about front springs? Near as I can tell, I'm gonna' be adding 100# + to the front of this thing....and that's gotta' have an effect. I've got Tokico 'blue' shocks....and H & R 51807-55 springs (*supposedly* 3/4" drop...) springs, the suspension is aligned *right*, everything's tight, and I like the way it handles, and I can live with the ride. (And yes.....if I run over a nickel, I know whether it's heads or tails....you are NOT gonna' gonna' confuse the ride with my old Benz...) Do I need different springs? If so, what...? Can I use the springs I've got, buy a set of cheap-ass eBay coilovers, and throw away everything but the adjustor sleeves and nuts for the front, use the springs I have, and get the ride height back where it is now?

They may be dumb questions....but they're sincere *dumb* questions....

Any constructive input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jim

Back