EF MPFI conversion for now???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wifeCRVmeEF

i am looking threw ebay on parts and stumbled this part (check link below) ...now looking for the pros and cons on this and is it worth getting for now B4 getting my swap (which will be in the future). will this give better performance (HP) or will i just waste money on it? i have a 88 standard. i am wroking on cosmetics for now and am just getting the motor to run the guy i bought it from did a halfway job on the new timing belt. the car starts, but then back fires through the carb spitting gas all over the place and he said that he put a new timing belt on it. the car was sitting for 6 months and my friend and i have not taking the time to check the timing...i hope that the carb is not f**cked, still found one on ebay for 30 bucks. anyhow any input if possible whether its worth it or not or if it can be done:D
eBay Motors: 88-91 civic/crx EF MPFI conversion swap w/ harness (item 110326538770 end time Dec-21-08 13:07:38 PST)http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...arms=72%3A543%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Last edited:
agreed... good price for everything listed.. not only is it worth it, but its necessary.. if you're planning to upgrade to a b16 you're eventually going to have to do the dpfi to mpfi swap

agreed... good price for everything listed.. not only is it worth it, but its necessary.. if you're planning to upgrade to a b16 you're eventually going to have to do the dpfi to mpfi swap

thanks man i will do that then...just need to bid on this or get it from someone:D

you don't NEED it my friend who did my swap for me just converted the dpfi into mpfi idk where he found out how to do it, but he did it he just added two injector wire's and two ground wire's and ran two of then through the stock wiring harness and ran the other two straight to my ecu. He put a b18a1 into it and it had the dual point motor in it to begin with and he used the stock wiring harness.It may be more work but it saved money.

you don't NEED it my friend who did my swap for me just converted the dpfi into mpfi idk where he found out how to do it, but he did it he just added two injector wire's and two ground wire's and ran two of then through the stock wiring harness and ran the other two straight to my ecu. He put a b18a1 into it and it had the dual point motor in it to begin with and he used the stock wiring harness.It may be more work but it saved money.

hmmm interesting...but i might just be looking for more HP for now and better performance. will see if i might even do it.^_^I read in another thread that someone blowing their motor after this upgrade:
https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ed-ef-da/new-problem-mpfi-swap-kills-motor-209364/

Last edited:
i would agree that you don't need it, unless you just want to convert your engine to MPFI - quite a bit of money if you are only going to use it for a short time - if you are going to B16A, you will need to modify the harness that you get from Ebay anyway - the injector resistor box and the harness would be the only things you could use with the B16 - keep it like it is until you do the swap and then just find a resistor box and modify your DPFI harness

yea my friend just added 4 resistors. The two injector wire's from the stock dual point wiring harness went into the 4 resistors and the 4 resistors went to each injector for power and then he took two of the grounds from 2 of the injectors and just simply put them into the stock wiring harness and the other 2 grounds he ran straight to the ecu. The only thing you really have to worry about is which ground goes to which injector cause the ecu grounds out the injectors that don't need to fire that way they stop squirting fuel out, and u don't wanna get them wrong.

hmmm interesting...but i might just be looking for more HP for now and better performance. will see if i might even do it.^_^I read in another thread that someone blowing their motor after this upgrade:
https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ed-ef-da/new-problem-mpfi-swap-kills-motor-209364/
If he had a D16A6 camshaft he would have probably prevented that. The D15B2 cam isn't as aggresive and it doesn't match the ECU.

For now maybe you should just get your current motor running and live with it until you have the funds and knowledge to do the B16 swap just so you're not spending unnessecarry money.

Take the timing belt right off, set it to TDC and fire it up. Set the timing and live with it. I don't mean to be an ass btw.

Last edited:
soo here it is...keep the dpfi intil the b16a arrives and your ready to do the b series swap. waste of money just to have 2 extra injectors for the time being.just as stated before youll have to modify the harness anyway for the b16 soo just keep the dx the way it is for now.

what do you mean you might be looking for more hp for now and better performance?

from what i heard i guess...seeing all these replies i see it as useless...i am just a noob stepping into this game. just finding out info from guys who have been around this for awhile :cool:

If he had a D16A6 camshaft he would have probably prevented that. The D15B2 cam isn't as aggresive and it doesn't match the ECU.

For now maybe you should just get your current motor running and live with it until you have the funds and knowledge to do the B16 swap just so you're not spending unnessecarry money.

Take the timing belt right off, set it to TDC and fire it up. Set the timing and live with it. I don't mean to be an ass btw.

no offense taking...i thank you for being patient with me and letting me know that it would not be worth it and just save for a swap. like i said above i have not owned a honda ever until my first was the 2007 Fit i got in April of 2006. I thought i was gonna keep that forever, but my wife was pregnant so i needed to get something bigger like the CRV. I was narrowing down 2 choices for projects EF or S13. The EF was my choice. And i do not have any experience with this and i am glad there is a forum that helps with all info needed. i have help when the day comes for the swap cause i do not want to take it to a shop and have them screw me on some shit and then i am gonna have to go buck wild and hurt someone::sniper:( i hate shops). With my 240sx I had help from guys from 240.org in Orlando years ago who helped me on the SR20 swap.^_^

no offense taking...i thank you for being patient with me and letting me know that it would not be worth it and just save for a swap. like i said above i have not owned a honda ever until my first was the 2007 Fit i got in April of 2006. I thought i was gonna keep that forever, but my wife was pregnant so i needed to get something bigger like the CRV. I was narrowing down 2 choices for projects EF or S13. The EF was my choice. And i do not have any experience with this and i am glad there is a forum that helps with all info needed. i have help when the day comes for the swap cause i do not want to take it to a shop and have them screw me on some shit and then i am gonna have to go buck wild and hurt someone::sniper:( i hate shops). With my 240sx I had help from guys from 240.org in Orlando years ago who helped me on the SR20 swap.^_^
Don't get me started on shops. This one shop was supposted to be the best muffler shop in town and the muffler fell off on a month. We looked underneath and it had one spot weld on it. My dads friend took his '95 Astro in and they replaced unnessecarry parts that cost him $1000 extra. There is one really good shop in town that will do a B16 swap for $2500. They get the motor and put it in and put a warranty on it.

Enough about me but get that D15B2 bitch running!:rally:

Don't get me started on shops. This one shop was supposted to be the best muffler shop in town and the muffler fell off on a month. We looked underneath and it had one spot weld on it. My dads friend took his '95 Astro in and they replaced unnessecarry parts that cost him $1000 extra. There is one really good shop in town that will do a B16 swap for $2500. They get the motor and put it in and put a warranty on it.

I will as soon as i get back from vacation...leaving the country for 2 weeks!! woohoo!!!!
i work until then so there is no in between time for me to work on it. once i get that thing going i will post my success!!!:D
again thanks for the advice!!!

WOW..not many shops around here even work on hondas let alone do swaps...fuckers wouldnt do a wheel alignment on my hatch cause they said there was no factory adjustment for camber. i had to explain what a camber kit was and where i installed it

WOW..not many shops around here even work on hondas let alone do swaps...fuckers wouldnt do a wheel alignment on my hatch cause they said there was no factory adjustment for camber. i had to explain what a camber kit was and where i installed it

yeah thats why i want it done in house...its all about blood, sweat, and tears and anything being done to my car will be done in Dads's garage.

Back