EG8 Instrument Cluster Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jignesh

Hi Guys,

I have a 1994 Civic EG8 which is swapped with a B18C5 motor. I have the instrument cluster shown in the 1st pic currently installed which is not showing correct readings. The RPM overeads by approx 250rpm and the temp guage does not go above the qtr mark even when the actual temp is approx 100* C.

I am based out of Mumbai,India and we dont have any of these cars sold here. I was wondering which cluster could I replace the existing one with. I am not well versed with the various names that are used(EK,EG Si, ITR) hence need your assistance. I saw a ad in Honda Market Place(pic attached MS Word file) and i quite liked the 3rd on on top right which car is it from.

I am ideally looking for a cluster that reads 10000 RPM and has a speed indication of 220kmh +. Where can I source one from and what should i be asking for and what should it cost.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jignesh

Attachments

• IMG00061-20100417-1541.jpg
    IMG00061-20100417-1541.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,366
  • Honda Instrument Cluster pics.doc
    922.5 KB · Views: 222
All I can think of is those Spoon gauge cluster for the 96-00 Civics which are pretty pricey and hard to find(11000rpm and speed up to 240kmh; the stock Civic Type-R reads up to 10000RPM but around 180kmh). You can do something like this: Ek cluster in a EG - Honda-Tech to make it work. The RPM difference is not too bad but if you want higher accuracy you're looking at aftermarket/digital tachometer. As far as the temp gauge goes that's typical also as stock is not too accurate but 100C is actually within typical operating temps(80C-100C).

Back