EK Civic w/F20B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceras

Is this the same Installation as an H Series Engine cause I cant find anything on the swap into any EK civics? If anyone has any info on this swap Post it.. I think that would be a marvelous swap!!!!!!!! DO IT!!!!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: F20B

It would be more or less the same as an H22 swap. But why do it over the H22? The F20B costs more, makes less torque and the same power as an H22. Also, you'd have to contend with OBD issues in an OBD1 car, as I believe the F20B only came OBD2.

its just like the b series.

why would people buy a b16b when they can have a GSR or Type R.

There is no Bling factor and I think you should do the h22 swap. If you already have the F20 then I think it's the same installation as the h22.

Thats what Im wondering I would like the F20B more because it would be better on the track that the H22 becuase of your front end weight. You would have severe Understeer compared to the F20B! Or am I wrong if I am stop me now!!!! I just think that engine is dope as sh*t for the size. Also EK Civics all come OBD2!!!!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: F20B

i believe weight diffrence would be minimal...

if you;re so worried about weight then run a type R, 200 horse, a steal at 5500 for the swap... *sarcasm*

H22 for life

I think that it was covered that the H22 in fact is not THAT much heavier than the b Series. Even though it's a little heavier a better upgraded suspension will fix that issue.

A turbo LS, a modified GSR or even a few Turbo D's will be a much better choice. It "bolt's" in and you won't have any cutting to do.

I mean even if the motor put out 250 hp it wouldn't be worth it cause you have to cut you shit up to make it fit right. Just about any b series can make 250 hp with some modifications.

No, I think he was talking about the weight difference between the H22 and the F20B. If so....it's neglegible. If you want the big-block power/displacement of an F-series or H-series, they all basically weigh the same.

Think of the Bragging rights you would have with an Accord SiR motor in an EK Hatch though My God I better get full coverage the Chop Shops will be after me. :( :( :( :(

yeah it does sound like a fun project and a great platform....the 96-00 hb are by far...in my opinion....the nicest of the bunch....and its heavy already so it should do better with the larger engine....

lots of custom work...

F20 lacks torque and displacement...

seems like unbragging rights to me...
thats like bragging that you have a D series in an accord, sure its "cool" but there's better alternatives for motor choice...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 14 2005, 04:35 PM

thats like bragging that you have a D series in an accord, sure its "cool" but there's better alternatives for motor choice...
[post=445772]Quoted post[/post]​

I due Preffer the F20B

SPECIFICATIONS:
Transmission: LSD Hydraulic
Year: 97+
Compression Ratio: 11.0
HP/Torque: 215hp@8000/145lb-ft@7500
Redline: 8200

VS.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Transmission: Hydraulic
Year: 92-01
Displacement: 2157cc
Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
HP/Torque: 200hp@6800/161lb-ft@5500
Redline: 7200 rpm

And is obvious that a engine with more displacement has more torque
and People 15Horses are 15!!!!!Horses. F20B with less displacement Rules over the H22 B)

Originally posted by Riceras@Jan 14 2005, 05:54 PM
Thats what Im wondering I would like the F20B more because it would be better on the track that the H22 becuase of your front end weight. You would have severe Understeer compared to the F20B! Or am I wrong if I am stop me now!!!! I just think that engine is dope as sh*t for the size. Also EK Civics all come OBD2!!!!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: F20B
[post=445639]Quoted post[/post]​

it weighs just as much as an h22 because the f20b is a DEstroked h22. as far as transmissions go, f20 runs t2t4 which has lsd and shorter gearing than the base h22 tranny, but if you run a jdm type s tranny they have the exact same ratios and final drive. if i remember correctly hmo offers this upgrade when you buy an h22 swap.
and finally, the compression ratio limits your power adders unless you plan on going all motor.

The F20B also has a Rod/Stroke ratio of around 1.45, the worst in the honda family. Not a very happy motor if are going to be up in the revs alot. H22 is a better motor hands down.

Originally posted by Rickwaynepr+Aug 28 2005, 04:20 PM-->
reckedracing
@Jan 14 2005, 04:35 PM

[post=445772]Quoted post[/post]​

I due Preffer the F20B

SPECIFICATIONS:
Transmission: LSD Hydraulic
Year: 97+
Compression Ratio: 11.0
HP/Torque: 215hp@8000/145lb-ft@7500
Redline: 8200

VS.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Transmission: Hydraulic
Year: 92-01
Displacement: 2157cc
Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
HP/Torque: 200hp@6800/161lb-ft@5500
Redline: 7200 rpm

and People 15Horses are 15!!!!!Horses. F20B with less displacement Rules over the H22 B)
[post=546405]Quoted post[/post]​

[/quote]

did you ever realize that there is a 16 ft-lb difference in torque between the 2?
just in case you didnt know, thats the power that gets your car going. same weight, slower launch. you do the math.

did you ever realize that there is a 16 ft-lb difference in torque between the 2?
just in case you didnt know, thats the power that gets your car going. same weight, slower launch. you do the math.
[post=546422]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

You cannot expect a smaller displacement motor to generate more torque than 2.2litter H22 but know you do tha math? destroked h22=f20b + Stroker Kit = +hp +tq
I also prefer this motor because it haven't had the oportunity of development like tha b16, b18 and h22 engines.

opportunity for development? the engine was developed for a race class that only allowed 2 liters of displacement. do some research on it. secondly, an f20b with a stroker kit = an h22!! imagine that.

Originally posted by evoracer03@Aug 28 2005, 09:44 PM
opportunity for development? the engine was developed for a race class that only allowed 2 liters of displacement. do some research on it. secondly, an f20b with a stroker kit = an h22!! imagine that.
[post=546517]Quoted post[/post]​

Well i have tried to get parts for this motor and the results are not very pleasent if you know parts sites for the f20b let me know

Originally posted by Rickwaynepr+Aug 29 2005, 03:06 AM-->
evoracer03
@Aug 28 2005, 09:44 PM
[post=546517]Quoted post[/post]​

Well i have tried to get parts for this motor and the results are not very pleasent if you know parts sites for the f20b let me know
[post=546526]Quoted post[/post]​

oh i'm sorry. i misunderstood. you meant opportunity for aftermarket support, now i get it. my fault.

Back