EK rear disk swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

noobvang

95 4dr ex rear disk -----> 96 4dr lx

My question is will everything swap over for the rear disk conversion? I know that parts from a 94+ integra would fit but for the 92+ civics, I'm not completly sure.

If the do fit, what would you recomend my pulling out of this car before it gets junked.

as far as I know, the entire rear trailing arms should swap over. there might be a difference in the length of the e-brake cables, but they'll probably fit too. I'd also recommend taking the master cylinder if it's a 15/16" and the proportioning valve if it's a 4040.

Quoted post[/post]]
as far as I know, the entire rear trailing arms should swap over. there might be a difference in the length of the e-brake cables, but they'll probably fit too. I'd also recommend taking the master cylinder if it's a 15/16" and the proportioning valve if it's a 4040.
Not trying to be a smartass(not 100% sure), but don't you mean 60/40 as in ratio of the distribution of pressure from front to rear? If not, please explain what 4040 means. I really don't know what that is.

Honestly, I'm not sure what it means either, but it's the proportioning valve used in hondas with rear discs, as opposed to a 3030 for rear drums. the 4040 sends more pressure to the rear, since discs require more pressure to produce the same braking force. the number should be printed on the casting.

Back