EK with Automatic B18B - no hate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek8 ge8

long story short i need to replace trans and engine in my 98 ek lx sedan. its a d/d that is shared between myself and my wife to keep miles down on our in-progress ge8 "rs jazz".

if you want to hate on the auto-trans, pick one of the other posts to vent on....i'm just looking for the successful completion of this swap. i can't afford to buy an auto b18b only to find that no mounts will work or that the a/t case is too big for the engine bay.

the replacement of necessary mounts, as well as the ls obd2 wiring harnesss with pcm and tcm addition is not an issue, as i do have a mechanical backround, but i would need for this to be a successful one-day swap.

it ultimately comes down to will the ls eng and a/t fit in the ek engine bay and what mounts need to be changed over?

if you got nothing nice to say, shut your fu****g mouth!

long story short i need to replace trans and engine in my 98 ek lx sedan. its a d/d that is shared between myself and my wife to keep miles down on our in-progress ge8 "rs jazz".

if you want to hate on the auto-trans, pick one of the other posts to vent on....i'm just looking for the successful completion of this swap. i can't afford to buy an auto b18b only to find that no mounts will work or that the a/t case is too big for the engine bay.

the replacement of necessary mounts, as well as the ls obd2 wiring harnesss with pcm and tcm addition is not an issue, as i do have a mechanical backround, but i would need for this to be a successful one-day swap.

it ultimately comes down to will the ls eng and a/t fit in the ek engine bay and what mounts need to be changed over?

if you got nothing nice to say, shut your fu****g mouth!
so its ok for you to hate in someones thread but no one is allowed to hate in yours ?. try the search feature you will be surprised what you can find.

btw swearing at us fellow members when we have done nothing yet is a good way for us to say (UP YOURS)

Thanks and try the search feature

Is the D16 toast? If it runs fine and the car truly is a DD only, then just leave it alone and have more money to spend on your other car. Have you ever driven a slush-box Integra? They're not much faster than auto Civics...

Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif

Back