element v6 conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pashnyak

Hello,
I was hoping someone could help me with a Element conversion to a v6.
what are my options and whats the easiest way to do it?
Any help is appreciated!

What's the point?? It's a small SUV made for hauling people, it's not meant to be fast. As far as I know nobody has ever tried swapping a V6 into an Element, so this would be a completely custom job and would probably end up costing you a crap-load of money. For all the money you're going to spend on this retarded swap you could just trade your Element in for a Ridgeline or Pilot...

Alright, I just got my Honda Tuning and it actually does have an article about an Element that was swapped with a 3.5 RL motor, converted to RWD, turbo'd, and is now being used for drift racing, so it is possible. Keep in mind though that this is all being done by a professional racing team, and they said it took about 500 hours of work to fab everything up for the motor swap and rear-wheel drive conversion.

So unless you're a master fabricator and mechanic, this is still going to cost you a buttload of money, probably upwards of 10 k once all is said and done.

This is my work car loaded down with a bunch of parts. I am almost at 200k miles on it and the tranny is beginning to slip in a couple of gears. Since I have to swap the tranny, may as well do the engine too. But if I'm doing all that, why not try to stick a v6 in there if its not too complicated. I would even like to keep it automatic, because I put on 150 miles +- a day through Atlanta traffic. So if anyone knows if an accord or an Rl, Tl or any kind of a honda v6 swap would work, PLEASE HELP!

I can almost guarantee that converting it to V6 will be VERY difficult and complicated. If you're doing the work yourself, unless you're an insanely skilled and gifted mechanic, plan on having the vehicle out of commission for at least a couple months and most likely alot longer, that's if and only if you have 110% unrelenting persistence and determination to finish it

if you're just going for shock value/wow factor then go for it, but if you're just looking to add some balls to it, I'd have the existing trans fixed and supercharge it. You won't be disappointed.

Back