Engine running rough.. need help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikey bottles

Prof. Bottles
working with an 89 Civic DX 1.5 (obviously) has new dizzy, plugs, wires, and fuel filter, injectors and O2 sensor, timing is dead on, no CEL. If its in park or neutral it idles with a slight miss, but if you put it in reverse or drive it starts missing real bad at a stop... once you begin to accelerate it misses a little, catches up and runs great once you get driving.. the only thing i can think of thats left would be the fuel pump, head gasket, or possibly ecu? i doubt the head gasket bc its not smoking, its not chewing up coolant, and the oil is very clean, no mixture. should i just fire a fuel pump in there and hope for the best or does someone here have a more definitive way of finding the actual problem? at this point ANY thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

valves are definitely good, no sure about the exhaust, but def something to look into! plugs gapped at .44 or .044.. whichever it is.. def good gap though. ill clean the IACV and see how it goes.

sorry i havnt gotten back! been a hectic few weeks, just finished moving.. anyway, looks like the fuel pump, so in it goes tomorrow after work!

Back