Engine Swap For A 92 Prelude Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

preludegirl92si

I've had my car for about 2 years (its manual)and decided to hook it up. I got new wheels, new alarm, exhaust, window tinting and headers will be done on the 3rd, and in about a month body kits will be installed. I already have gredy intake and a phat system. My engine has 160,000+ miles on it and im thinking bout putting in a new engine, maybe even a turbo or supercharger. What should i go for and what about will this cost? Any other ideas let me know!
Thanx! -Erica

WA state

That car comes with a good engine for Turbo but I can see why you would want to swap with those miles on there. I would either swap in the same engine with less miles on it or move up to an H22 it has about 30 extra horses on it. FYI- Your car has a header not headers.

Peace*

you can find an h22a swap for relatively cheap, i got my longblock for 1400 shipped from this place i believe the whole swap is around 2300 shipped, then if you have somebody put it in for you, you are looking at around 500 most likely. also make sure if you need anything for exhaust, i had to buy a header because come to find out the h22a manifold doesnt line up to an h23a1 down pipe, and im almost positive that it wouldnt line up to the f series pipe. if you need additional information just reply with what you want to know.
Zac

i just checked and yea, it's 2300, click the link, go to motor mall, usdm jdm engines, click more until you are to the third page and it's the top engine.

why do a swap when you already have a good engine to turbo....keep your motor and rebuild it. this way you don't have to buy a new engine which will cost you more than a rebuild. you could use either stock pistons or go with forged. forged pistons are stronger than stock so if you have the money it would be a good idea. with a turbo you should be pretty quick......just my .02......good luck.....

She's got the H23 in there, but you're right, the two parts of the header won't line up.

preludegirl92si, you've got to set yourself up a little plan before deciding what to swap. Do you want to keep it n/a, or eventually turbo/supercharge it? If the first is what you wanna do, swap in an H22 (JDM or USDM). If it's the second, drop in an H23 (most likely USDM).

Either way, you should be getting an engine with 30-40k miles on it. A pretty good investment if you want to keep that 4th gen body around. :)

yea, my bad, i was thinking she had an S because of that other guys post :bash: sorry about that!

Originally posted by cbrnascar0329@Feb 25 2003, 12:49 PM
why do a swap when you already have a good engine to turbo....keep your motor and rebuild it. this way you don't have to buy a new engine which will cost you more than a rebuild. you could use either stock pistons or go with forged. forged pistons are stronger than stock so if you have the money it would be a good idea. since you have the h23 bottom i think you can put a h22 head on it and get v-tec. this is a good mod but if you decide to go turbo don't and just rebuild what you have and stick with it. with a turbo you should be pretty quick......just my .02......good luck.....

have fun with the pistons... forged pistons requires sleeving the block killer :)

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Feb 25 2003, 10:54 AM
yea, my bad, i was thinking she had an S because of that other guys post :bash: sorry about that!

Yeah, get the hell out of this forum and never come back!!!

j/p y0 :D

If I didn't need the steady job, I'd be out of here faster than the Taliban outta Afghanistan. :)

:lol: i hear that! i'm stalling from going to work as we speak... it's so damn boring :( oh well, it pays good and i get to listen to whatever i want pretty much as loud as i want, which helps!

I noticed yo said you wanted to put a body kit one your lude. I have a skyline front for sale and I live in tacoma WA. Ohh and go with a h22a you cant go wrong with that especially with all of those miles on it its worth it in the long run. :rolleyes:

uhhh i might be a glob of jello... but the SH is about suspension, not the engine... not to mention the SH is OBD2... more work than its worth dude, not to mention more money than i spent period lol

Thanx for the tips guys thats something I might be doing over the summer, too broke right now. As for ludester1 how much would you want for the skyline front and why are you selling it? Bad fit?

na it bolts up fine and the bodylines line up but I just didnt like the look of it. My goal is to get a black widow front thats why im selling it. PM me if you are interested its still for sale. Im thinking about $175.00 obo. Thanks..

i dont like the way any body kits look on the prelude personally, ill just get a mugen lip and wing and jdm black housing 1 piece headlights and call it good :)

Back