Engine Swap On Tnn

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DjMcPhatty

Right now on TNN they are doing a swap, just thought id let ya guyz know.

heh what time would this be? I would like to watch. TNN is cool but they are sponsored by apc! :( and talk about how to make a ford focus cool looking with fake carbonfiber and whatnot.

It was on Horsepower TV which is a decent show, but the Civic they are doing the swap in is a riced out piece of shit. I am just waiting for Trucks to come on.

thanks, that was cool. Its funny though how they make it look so easy like they do it in 30 mins.

Originally posted by 98integrals@Feb 16 2003, 01:37 PM
i want chakra(sp) headers...

mother of god :tfg:

Actually from what I have heard they are not bad for inexpensive headers, I think that they are made by Headman.
That car is ugly as fuck though.

soo .. how's gonna record that show and distribute it? =)

one thing funny about the show was after they dropped the motor in he said i hope we can shut the hood... i thought the samething when we swapped a gsr in my buddies 98 hatch

i watch that show with they installed the intake and the exhaust then dynoed it, dont remember the results but i never watched the show again, it was a bunch of rednecks doing the stuff

it put down 170hp to the chromed out 17's

I saw that show too. Thuoght it was pretty cool, seems how they usually work on muscle cars.]

About the hood closing, is it really that BIG of a factor when doing a swap???

humor me I'm very new at this stuff!

I taped the show. I'm working on getting the footage on my computer so I can post it. I let one my buddies borrow the tape last night but I should have it back by tomorrow.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Feb 16 2003, 07:15 PM
I taped the show. I'm working on getting the footage on my computer so I can post it. I let one my buddies borrow the tape last night but I should have it back by tomorrow.

sweet man, I'd just like to watch it .. so I can be more edicated.

i thought that show was pretty gay, its cool that they are doing the swap but they said almost nothing about the mounts, or running the wires for vtec, and that car is riced out like whoa haha

u gotta figure they did everything in a 30min w/ commercials.. and misc "check out these parts" segments. so there was about 15 mins of doing the actual swap. i agree it was gay.. but i think that is because we are looking for details.. i think the main objective of the show was to show the people that dont know about engine swaps that its possible. What i love is they poured all this money into the D-series pos.. naaawwss, ignition, headers, intake, etc.. dynoed it.. just to rip it all out and do a gsr swap and get more hp then the modded d motor

Originally posted by DazedCivic99@Feb 16 2003, 05:35 PM
i watch that show with they installed the intake and the exhaust then dynoed it, dont remember the results but i never watched the show again, it was a bunch of rednecks doing the stuff

well the one dude DOES have a mullet lol

They should stick to mullet mobiles. You can tell that the hosts really are not into the civic project. Unfortunately rice sells.

Back