EXHAUST HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
I'm in the market for an exhaust system for my Honda Del Sol VTEC (b16). I'm currently having my engine built & for now trying to take care of the little extra's like this. I've always gone custom exhaust in the past but would like a quality piece with mandrel bent piping. I know I could buy mandrel bent piping but i'm set on a buying complete bolt-on exhaust system. Car is mainly driven on street but will be taken to the track of course. A few i've had in mind were:

1) Apexi WS 2
2) RSR Exmag
3) Greddy SP2

Or any other comparable exhaust if the deal is good.

As of now, i'm trying to catch a sale for the Apexi WS 2 system, but there is no applications for del sols. Does anyone have a del sol & run these exhaust's & if so which did they use..? 92+ civic coupes, 92+ hatchbacks..?

I'm trying to avoid bringing it to an exhaust shop to modify anything. For now i'd like it to bolt up to my stock cat till I get my other engine in there in which case i'll upgrade to a high flow cat.
I had my mind pretty much set on thr RSR exmag. I liked the fact that it was quiet yet still yielded good gains & I liked the black painted exhaust (stealth look). I usually like to keep a clean, simply, classy look & don't like attention from cops & so on. But I am looking at the peformance aspec as well.
All three are so similar. All have 60mm piping but for some reason i'm thinking the RSR yields better performance or flows better but don't have any solid evidence on hand to prove it. But again I have the opportunity to get the APEXi WS 2 for a good price. Any thoughts, opinions, experiences with these exhaust & does anyone have any pictures of any of these exhaust's on a del sol only? :)

Also, I was talking to a RSR distributor earlier & he says that the black painted exmags are discontined & now the new exmags are going to be stainless steel.

sounds nice. I achieved a quieter tone ith a custom exhaust. cheaper and just as good. Get a 2.25 piping made at you local shop....mandrel bends of course. and stick a universal exhaust that has enough baffle inside. The get i high flow cat or resonator if you really want it to shut up. I just have a univesal exhaust and it sound great

but if you want to by one. i like the invidia and RSR

Again, don't want something as loud as that & I didn't want a huge fat cannon 4 inch tip. That screams hey come pull me over mr. state police man which so often happens here.

sounds nice. I achieved a quieter tone ith a custom exhaust. cheaper and just as good. Get a 2.25 piping made at you local shop....mandrel bends of course. and stick a universal exhaust that has enough baffle inside. The get i high flow cat or resonator if you really want it to shut up. I just have a univesal exhaust and it sound great

Yea again, didn't wanna go custom. Was looking into one of the above systems & wanted feedback.
BUMP

[quote name='HatchSpeeD' date='Jun 8 2006, 09:35 PM' post='694895']

[/quote]

Yea again, didn't wanna go custom. Was looking into one of the above systems & wanted feedback.
BUMP
[/quote]

rsr. looks stock and its quiet :)

Thx taco
Bump for intelligent researched answers, opinions.

Anyone happen to have any of these exhaust's on their sol?
post some pics :)

Back