F/s 1990 Crx Si - D16a6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveholiday

Do work
F/s 1990 Crx Si - D16a6 + Goodies+lots of pics (56k not preferred)

Well I decided to buy a bike, which means I only need one toy. As much as I love her, the CRX is going up for sale.

Located in New Kensington PA, (about 20 minutes north of Pittsburgh,) we have a black 1990 CRX SI that has at 129487.95 miles on the ODO. The car was painted flat black, and then began being painted white. The white started chipping, so it will be going flat black again here before it is sold. The car has the stock D16A6, but has a problem. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but the car starts, and then the idle climbs rapidly to about 4500 RPM's before I shut it off. I'd love to get it figured out and fixed, but I don't have time to do it.

Car comes with the stock SI wheels, front ones have good tread, rear ones, not so much, and are different tread patterns. I'm selling my 17" black Motegi's with tires, front are new, back are still good, for $300 extra.

The tail lights have been smoked out, but I also have an OEM set of taillights, minus the wiring for them. The wiring isn't there because I pulled them from a 88 or 89 DX (not sure which year) in order to pass inspection, (big name shops don't pass the smoked tail lights,) but the wiring was different. The wiring for the SI fits right in though when you take it out of the smoked ones. Also, the front bumper lights are smoked, but they pass inspection no problem. Same stuff used, don't know why the tails don't and the bumpers do. Oh well.

The car has a short ram intake, and an exhaust that includes a whopping $65 Autozone muffler, that surprisingly has a very nice sound to it in my opinion, and 1 and 3/4 all the way back, welded, and hung by a muffler shop. Also has an APC front upper strut bar, and a rear lower strut bar. Handles like a nut, even with the 17's.

The body is in pretty good condition, I'd give it probably a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. There is a small patch of rust on each side of the car near the rear wheel well, but nothing that an hour, grinder, and a tad of bondo can't fix. Other than that there is nothing to my knowledge. All original floorboards and such. Common dings here and there. Read bumper is currently not on from when it was in for painting, it'll be on when I get a chance over the next couple days.

I believe the car may have been in a fender bender of some sort, before I bought it. The front bumper sags ever so slightly, but none the less, enough to mention.

The engine bay has most of the vacuum line replaces with blue vacuum line.
AC components have been removed.

Fresh oil and filter in it, I just changed it the other day. Castrol synthetic.

The interior is in good shape, no cracks except for a small tear in the driver side door panel, behind the seatbelt. The passenger seat is mint, the driver seat has the oh-so-common tear on the door side, covered with a patch from the previous owner.

There is no radio, the previous owner cut the plugs off as well. I have all the wires labeled though, from when I had mine in. I would leave the radio in, but I have almost as much into the radio as the car. I will however, leave the wires marked.

Custom short throw shifter, when I say custom, I mean I ordered one, and then hacked it, and put the knob on. It's outrageously short. I love it. Emergency brake handle has been replaced with a chrome one.

There are 2 gauges, mounted on a dual pod pillar gauge pod, volts and air fuel ratio, they both are wired up, but the a/f ratio guage has a pulled wire in the back, if it would stay in, it would work.

The door handles on the inside are painted blue.

The rear-side windows and hatch window are tinted with 5% tint, and passes inspection. PA inspection and Emissions is good untill July 08.

Also has a modified 86 SI spoiler on it.

Extras:
I'm including everything I have for this car, with the exception of the rims, which as stated above, are an extra $300.
This includes:
Y8 head, (snapped bolt on VTEC solenoid, and on the radiator hose feed) freshly resurfaced at DLK. Has new adjustable cam gear.
Chrome powder coated VTEC valve cover
Y8 valve cover, says Honda, stripped clean.
OBX Intake Manifold
Stock Y8 cam gear

$1000, bring a truck and trailer, and take it home. Like I said, I'm located in New Kensington PA, area code 15068 to be exact. You can contact me on here, via thread reply, PM, or you can call or text me (I have verizon for anyone who texts with them and only has 50 out of network, I have unlimited to everyone so anyone is welcome regardless of carrier.) I'm available Monday - Friday from 12-4 on most days. Just call, and if I'm busy, leave a message, but I'll do my best to answer your call.

Happy Buying :)

BTW I forgot to take a picture of the "Honda" bare valve cover, I'll snap one for anyone who wants one.

DSC02476.jpg

DSC02477.jpg

DSC02478.jpg

DSC02479.jpg

DSC02480.jpg

DSC02481.jpg

DSC02482.jpg

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02484.jpg

DSC02485.jpg

DSC02486.jpg

DSC02487.jpg

DSC02493.jpg

DSC02494.jpg

DSC02495.jpg

DSC02496.jpg

DSC02497.jpg

DSC02499.jpg

Last edited:
I know a guy that may be interested. but I may go for it myself, I would just have to get a way to get it where I am. Is it throwing any codes? and any recent work that has been done on the engine. Either way it probably going to be pulled out.

Good luck with the sale, It should go quick.

No codes, but then again I also haven't checked since I put the original head back on. I attempted a mini-me but when I got irritated with the head having the snapped bolts, I just decided to put it back to spec with all the original shit. The only engine work that's been done is the attempted mini-me, other than that, just the intake. Let me know.

EDIT:
I'm going to go out now actually to remove my radio, I'll check the ecu while I'm out there.

Throwing no codes. Bidding is currently at $500, someone offer more.

I know a guy that may be interested. but I may go for it myself, I would just have to get a way to get it where I am. Is it throwing any codes? and any recent work that has been done on the engine. Either way it probably going to be pulled out.

Good luck with the sale, It should go quick.

If you are interested though, I'll get a quote or you can on towing

Holy shit dude makes me wish I had $1,000....for real. What if I gave you $500 and you keep the motor? lol j/k....but I wouldn't mind a rex for a b16 project :D.

But I've only got around $500 left from my savings from my last job...and that's all gotta go to fixing up my '93 Civic and getting it past inspection, registered, and the title transfer. And something else too lol. What if I get a job next week and pay you every week or 2? It'd take like a month or 2 and I could have my uncle who lives in NY pick it up for me haha.

Fuck fixing it right now I'm just gonna cut the CEL wire for inspection then splice it back together and fix it after.

Is it even driveable with the problems it has? Have you checked for codes?

boo!! :thumbsdown: sad to hear that you are leaving the crx.... maybe you'll come back :) but it looks like the car needs a ton of work. i picked up a neglected 90si that is starting to feel overwhelming so i can understand

Is it even driveable with the problems it has? Have you checked for codes?
The car has the stock D16A6, but has a problem. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but the car starts, and then the idle climbs rapidly to about 4500 RPM's before I shut it off. I'd love to get it figured out and fixed, but I don't have time to do it.
Supposedly a vacuum leak in either a hose or intake mani gasket, either is possible. I'll check them both if I have time before I sell it, of course, if I do indeed fix it, it's gonna go for much more than $500, seeing as how $500 is the current bid because I don't have time to work on it. Getting that fixed, there would be no sense in selling a car that is almost the same as when I bought it, I bought it for $2500, and sell it for 2k less for no reason, you know?
Throwing no codes. Bidding is currently at $500, someone offer more.

If you honestly want it, offer me more and get it :) the guy who offered me $500 is gonna have it within a month at the latest he said

boo!! :thumbsdown: sad to hear that you are leaving the crx.... maybe you'll come back :) but it looks like the car needs a ton of work. i picked up a neglected 90si that is starting to feel overwhelming so i can understand

I know right? I wish I could do it but especially without a garage, lack of time, not to mention I'm picking up another job to add onto my list of shit to do, I mean I'd have the money to pay someone to fix everything but then I wouldn't even have time to drive it :(

Last edited:
It's probably leaking around the intake manifold area.. it would have to be a pretty large leak to make it rev that high as well. Shouldn't be too hard to find if you're interested in fixing it.

It's probably leaking around the intake manifold area.. it would have to be a pretty large leak to make it rev that high as well. Shouldn't be too hard to find if you're interested in fixing it.

I'll take a look then, and check some stuff out. I'll let you guys know how it goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back