F1 Chromoly Flywheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H_Ex

Under employed
Well, its time to replace the clutch in my ek, being my wife killed what was left of the old one. I've owned a Fidanza flywheel before and was pretty happy with it, but the F1 chromoly caught my eye.

From what I read on some reviews from people who've owned it, they liked it for a daily driver for several reasons;
1, its a all one piece, no worries of a pressed in ring gear separating.
2, some complained of clutch chatter from the friction surface of the lighter aluminum flywheels.
3. Weighing in around 8.5lbs its not as light as the aluminum nor as heavy for the stock one either.

So I found my whole clutch set at Gripforce.com. I went for the Exedy clutch kit and F1 flywheel package for my D15b. My out the door price was 206. and some thing cents. Shipping was indeed quick, my package was estimated to take about 5 days, instead I got it 2 days after my order was put in.

Heres a couple pics for now. I'll get some stock vs chromoly comparison pics tomorrow when its day. So far, I'm impressed with a supposedly cheap product, but we'll see how it goes on the long road.

Exedy clutch kit
IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

F1 Chromoly Flywheel
IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

Its the only scale I got.
IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

And the crapper that this is all going into..
IMAG0009.jpg

Like I said, tomorrow I'll get more pics of the stock and F1 side by side and weight comparisons.

Last edited:
yea, I'm still awaiting the catch. something is bound to be crap for being this cheap. Then again, its not like I'm using a extreme clutch either, just a regular organic.

Updated with some more pics. So far, with just the initial install, I'm happy. I'll keep this updated for future references.

that is a great deal for sure. that flywheel looks pretty nice in your pics. 8.8 is pretty dang light, i had one that light once and it was fun on a b16a.

I had that same F1 flywheel (one piece) on my B16A. I had no problems with it. Daily drove everywhere. Sold it with my motor.

Had one in my last integra (the one that got stolen) and have one in my current integra. (Auto to manual) ZERO ISSUES.

I know a few years ago, F1 ebay clutches were said to be crap. Even to this day I don't think I would trust in them either. So far with the construction of the flywheel, I feel good enough to trust in it. Time will tell, maybe this one will be an exclusion of the popular "you get what you pay for motto".

Update.

I'm coming on to my 300 mile break in point now, and for the most part I'm happy with the product. It obviously gives a noticeable difference compared to stock. I don't know if my old clutch was just simply slipping with out me noticing of if this is legit, but I can definitely feel a better pull than before. Either way, I hope this helps someones decision in the future.

Back